I read on a blog about this idea for Lent. Instead of giving something specific up during the 40 days of Lent, the blogger suggested getting rid of 40 bags of things.
I decided that was a great idea and it is really timely. We are moving in the next 2-3 months and lets face it we have moved every two years and there are probably boxes we haven't even unpacked. I say--they are good to go. I also have way too many clothes and I don't wear them all. It just feels so good to get rid of stuff.
I don't know if I will get rid of 40 bags of stuff or a bag a day, but I will make an effort everyday to find at least one item to go in my donate pile, throw away pile, or sell pile. I've gotten rid of books, clothes, knick knacks, etc. It just feels like our lives are a little lighter--we will probably still feel like we have too much stuff when moving day does come.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Coming Soon:
Blog post about Joel's lobster dinner (with pictures and possibly video)
Prayer Requests:
Pray that the right house comes along for our little family. We have a good lead, but need to wait on a few more details about it before anything is decided.

No comments:
Post a Comment