The reason we trekked to about the middle of the continent--Nate and Mandy's wedding. Nate is a friend from our church we attended when we lived in Iowa. The wedding was beautiful. I am so happy for both of them.
We kept busy while we were there. We actually drove to Holland on Thursday night--we were able to celebrate match day with my parents, Joel's parents and Joel's brother and sister-in-law that night. Friday morning, we had breakfast and headed out west. Joel and I arrived to Des Moines around 3:00pm. We made record time and only stopped once. We stayed with Rick and Monique, so when we got in we chatted and caught up with them. They were involved in the wedding, so they headed to the rehearsal and we headed to AM and Marc's house for dinner. Pizza and the game, What if, made for a good night.
Saturday, we went out for breakfast with friends from school--Clint and Brandie. After breakfast, we met up with Monique and went to Jasper Winery. We then headed back to the house and got ready for the wedding. Like I said before, the wedding was beautiful and the reception was beautiful as well. It was fun seeing all our friends from our old small group there. It was good to catch up. The wedding got done fairly early, so we headed back to Rick and Monique's. My friend, Meri, and I went shopping--I'm in the market for a cute springy dress for graduation. Meri needed to look for something to wear to her interview--pray for her on Tuesday. The rest of the gang started watching the movie "Escanaba in Da Moonlight" I have seen it before and really don't need to re-watch it. It is about going up to the U.P. for deer camp and hilarity that occurs up there. We had a fun night catching up with every one. Below are some pictures from the wedding:
| Meri, Roger, Marc, AM, Andy and Laura |
| Pastor Jim, Christopher, and Jen |
| Me, Monique and Rick |
| The delicious cupcakes |
We left bright and early Sunday morning and met Joel's parents in St. Joe, MI, so we could get our Kyperman back. It was a grand weekend for everyone.
But, there is more. I basically told you the schedule of the weekend. I missed 4 very exciting things that happened to us while we were there.
1. We received the second free lawn mower in three week. About three weeks ago, our landlord came over to put in a new washing machine and bring us a new lawn mower since the old one didn't work. He told us to do what ever we wanted with the old one. We have a great friend Tim that is handy, so we called him up and Joel explained what the problem was with the lawn mower. Tim said "Oh, I just rebuilt my lawn mower's engine, I can take a look at it." So, we figured that the next house we may move to might not have a lawn mower and it would be a goo idea to see if we can get this one working and we would have a free one. Well, we were telling this story to Rick and he says "Wait, I have a brand new lawn mower that hasn't even touched a blade of grass, do you want that one?" We took a look and decided to take him up on the offer. Since, we had packed lightly, we had room. It folded down into a nice cube, so it fit perfectly in the Jetta's trunk. Don't worry we aren't going to keep them both. We are letting Tim fix the other one and do what he wants with it--sell it or keep it. We are going to keep the new one.
| The first free lawn mower |
| The second free lawn mower. Look! It fits in my trunk. |
2. A few days ago, Joel was listening to NPR about how many keys people have on their key chains and if they knew what all of the keys were for. He then realized that he still had AM's house key from when we stayed with her right before Ky was born. Actually, it took him a little while to think of that, but decided that was probably what one of the keys was for. So, while at their house Friday night, Joel tried it out. Come to find out, that Marc--AM's husband of 9 months never got a key when he moved in. So, we were able to give Marc his very first house key to his home.
3. We learned about the Iowa Corn Song--or the Iowa Intersate 80 song. Here it is for your viewing and listening pleasure.
4. I saw a squirrel get hit by a car and live to tell about it. A car clipped this squirrel and the squirrel flipped and ran like a crazy creature to the side of the road. I have never seen a squirrel move that fast. (We were waiting for the light to turn green when this happened on the cross road.) I pointed it out to the other passengers in the car and they unfortunately did not see the squirrel get hit, but they can attest to the speediness and the craziness of this squirrel's running.
| Courtesy of Signs Up (signs-up.com) |


No comments:
Post a Comment