Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lobster Extravaganza

This past Fall Joel found a website called Lobstergram.com.  He loves seafood and got really excited.  To be funny, he put a gift card to Lobstergram on his Christmas list.  Well, I was talking about his list with his brother and sister-in-law.  I told them that to celebrate his match this spring, he wanted a lobster dinner.  We basically had planned on getting one from our local grocery store.  However, on Christmas Joel got a very exciting present--a gift card from JP, Katie and his mom to Lobstergram.  The thing with Lobstergram is that they send you at least two live lobsters from Maine.  I am not a seafood fan and when I watched the video on how to cook them and how to break the shell--I was even less of a fan.  We decided that we needed to invite some friends that would enjoy seafood, because we would get at least two lobsters.  Therefore, we invited Brad and Lisa to join us for a lobster extravaganza.  Lisa is like me and doesn't like seafood, so it was a surf and turf meal.  Lisa and I enjoyed our steaks.  Brad and Joel were in dinner heaven.

We got the lobsters in the mail from UPS on Saturday morning.  They came in this big styrofoam cooler in a big box.  Along with TWO live lobsters that were just hanging out in the cooler, there were live clams and mussels.  (Joel had gotten a meal package).  We also got clam chowder, crab claws, corn and potatoes.  It was so much food.  Joel took lots of pictures and videos of the live lobsters and the entire process.  Here they are for your viewing pleasure:

Crockpots are wonderful things--they keep lobsters fresh and cold in the fridge.


Mr. Pinchy's Glamor Shot
 
Littleneck Clams

Mussels--we steamed these in tomato sauce...very good!

Brad's favorite--the snow crab claws

Mmm Dinner



Bon Appetite

3 comments:

Josh said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I must also commend the choice of dishes as that is the same pattern that Renee and I have.

Stephanie said...

the first video made me smile. the last 2 made me shake my head & smile :)

kara said...

"dying" HA