Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Vagabonds

Over the last 6 months (including the end of Nov.)  both  Joel and I have been to 13 states (Kyper--12) and  all of us have not lived in our house for 8 weeks of the last 6 months. 

Recap:
It all begin in June, when Joel did a rotation in Grand Rapids.  We stayed with our friends, Tim and Melanie for 4 weeks.  Then we headed to IA--state 1--for a week.  (Drove through Indiana--state 2--and Illinois--state 3-- to get there.)  Then we came home for a little bit--about 4-6 weeks.  Then we headed north to Traverse City for another rotation.  We lived there for 4 weeks.  After Traverse City, we had our family vacation.  We drove through Ohio--state 4--Kentucky--state 5--Tennessee--state 6--to get to North Carolina--state 7.  We spent a few days down there.  Then we proceeded north to Virginia--state 8--to spend the night with Katie and JP.  The next morning we drove through Maryland--state 9--and Delaware--state 10--to get to Conshohocken, PA--state 11.  There Joel had a test, which we should have results for in about 4 weeks.  We then drove back to MI.  After being home for about 3 weeks, I decided to look up plane tickets to Florida.  I needed a break and I needed some quality time with some of my best friends.  I found an amazing deal and I spent about four days in Florida--state 12 for me.  I got home on a Saturday and we then drove to Milwaukee, WI--state 13 for me, 12 for Joel.  Joel had an interview out there and we spent time with Aren and Leah (Joel's brother and sister-in-law).  Next week, Joel flies to Las Vegas, NV--state 13 for him--for an interview.  Kyper unfortunately has only been to 12 states, because he didn't get to go to Florida and won't go to Nevada either.

So, yes, I feel like a vagabond.  Why did we even decide to rent our house for another year?!  We should have just put all our stuff in storage and moved from place to place--it may have been cheaper. :)   Joel has two other interviews out of state--PA and OH, but after that all of us should be done traveling for a few months.

Pictures and stories from Florida and Wisconsin will be up soon. I just needed to write about all the states we have been in and in what order for posterity sake.

1 comment:

JP and Katie said...

Wow! I need a nap! :) Good thing you like each other because that was a lot of time in the car! Glad you all were kept safe during all the travels and glad we got to see you!!