We had a very relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. We didn't drive out to the west side of the state until Thanksgiving morning. We had dinner with my parents and my sister and her kids. We hung out at their house for most of the day and then headed to the Phillips house. Joel's parents had gone to DC to celebrate with Joel's brother and sister-in-law who live out there. So, it was just Joel's younger brother and his wife, and us at the Phillips house. Oh and I can't forget about Henry. Kyper loves Henry--he's a rabbit. We actually let him out, so Kyper could have fun chasing him. Poor Henry:
 |
| Where's Henry? (Look closely and you will see him.) |
 |
| There's Henry! |
We didn't do any shopping on Friday. Instead, Joel, Aren and Kyper went to the beach for a bit, then came back and fried some fish that Joel and his mom caught on a past fishing trip. (I'm trying to get Joel to write about it, since it is his story
 |
| They didn't stay too long due to the cold. |
 |
| Beer-battered fish and Aren |
Meanwhile, Leah was gracious enough to help me make Christmas stockings. I cut the fabric and she handled the sewing machine. Once we got going and figured it out it went pretty fast and we made three stockings. :) I really wanted homemade ones for Joel and Kyper since I have mine from when I was little and it is homemade. I loved that aspect of my stocking. I have decided to retire my childhood one though, and made a third one for me as well. This way we have three "matching" ones. They don't actually match in fabric, just in style. :) Here are pictures of the stockings:
 |
| Joel and I are holding our own stockings, Leah has Kyper's |
That evening we spent at my parents' house and had a game night with my older brother and his family and my younger brother and his wife. We played Apples to Apples and I actually won 6 green cards. I am normally not that great, but maybe it helped since I was playing with family. Poor Joy, she didn't get one until the last card and it was a sympathy one from my nephew Nate. We still love you Joy! My brother actually picked at least two of my cards, so thanks Dave!
We drove back home already on Saturday morning, because we hadn't had a weekend at home in a long time. We took the opportunity to decorate for Christmas! Here are the pictures:
Kyper wasn't super interested in the tree until the lights were put on it or until Joel was trying to straighten it out. :) Now, there are a few ornaments he likes and wants to play with. I am trying to teach him to ask me before he pulls them himself. :) We put kid friendly ones on the bottom, so I don't care if he plays with them, but I don't want him to pull at them.
 |
| The tree, our nativities. and stockings |
 |
| Our new advent calendar and our advent wreath |
 |
| Stockings hung with care |
 |
| A closer shot of our nativities. (One is the willow tree and the other is made of olive wood) |
I am getting in the Christmas mood more and more, but I need to admit that I think snow would help. It is cold and there is no snow. I think I would accept the cold more if there were snow and it would feel more Holiday-ish. But, we have almost all our Christmas shopping done. I actually did some wrapping before Thanksgiving. Those were gifts for Katie and JP though, who will not be coming for Christmas this year. It's Texas' turn to have them. Michigan is sad, but understands. Since Joel's parents went out there for Thanksgiving, we sent our gifts with them.
1 comment:
Ha! I decorated with ALL my doors open and ceiling fan going so I wouldn't have to turn on my A/C!
Post a Comment