Look what he found--JAMA (The Journal of the American Medical Association) Do we have another Dr. Phillips in the future?
More other things:
I didn't get the job at my church. They changed the job description on it when a fourth candidate suddenly applied. (I had the job, but then I didn't) Long story, still a little upset about it. Oh well, I guess God has other things in mind for me. I made two contacts about non-profit consulting, which is what I would like to do eventually. I also have made a request about being our church representative on a community organization's board that we partner with. I think it would be good to be on a non-profit's board for me professionally. Not only would it be good for the resume and it would also provide more networking opportunities for me.
Joel loved his neurology rotation and is unto his surgery one. He likes it more than he thought he would. but still doesn't want to do it long term and I am happy about that one. This rotation has been the roughest on him hour-wise and homework-wise. He has a lot of studying to do on top of long hours. Fortunately, today they are letting him off early to go to our church service--we are having a Seder Service lead by a Messianic Jew since it is Maundy Thursday. Okay back to his rotation. The nice thing is all rotations are only 4 weeks, so he is already half way done tomorrow. The bummer about the next two weeks, we hear the hours are worse because of who the residents are. (Residents change every month.) He potentially could not see Ky at all seeing as Ky goes down around 7:30pm. (Actually, he won't see us the last week, because Ky and I are going to west Michigan for the week . Joel will join us on the weekend.) After this rotation he will have completed 9 rotations and will have 3 more to go before he is officially a fourth year medical student! It will fly by!
Ky is beginning to eat some finger food! He loves toast and stuffs all the little pieces in his mouth at once if I let him. I am learning quickly how far his arms can reach.
I am excited because we are going to have Kyper's 9 month pictures taken professionally! Not that I mind doing our own at home, but Cara and David Williams are going to take his 9 month ones in two weeks--check out their blog on my sidebar. Cara graduated with Joel and I. I've told Joel after looking at their work on weddings that I wish they had been doing weddings when we got married--I would have totally gone with them. So, I am excited. You can start praying early that Kyper will be in a good mood for them!
Upcoming Posts:
I'll have to write more about the Seder Service. Plus, I plan on re-posting my Good Friday/ Resurrection post tomorrow. I hope an pray that all my blog readers are taking time to reflect on Jesus and what an amazing gift of grace has been given to all of us.
I think Joel and I are going to take Ky to the zoo this Saturday with Uncle Aren and Tia Leah. I'm sure we'll have some pictures to post from that adventure.
(Wow, I thought for sure I would get interrupted while writing this. Kyper has been sleeping since 2 and it is now 5! Oh well, I am going to let him go a little longer--maybe he won't be as crabby aka tired during nursery this evening seeing as the service is at 7 and his bedtime is at 7:30.)

No comments:
Post a Comment