On Friday, Mo, Lisa and Samuel came. Lisa didn't want to go to the zoo, because she wanted Jerel (her husband) to be there for Samuel's first zoo trip. So, instead we did a picnic lunch at a nearby park. It was fun to hang out with some friends from Des Moines. Both Mo and Lisa's husbands are working in Michigan.
On Saturday, Aren and Leah came to visit for the day. Our plan was to go to the zoo. Aren and Leah brought lunch and then we were going to go. We got in the car and drove to the zoo. It was crazy busy seeing as there was an Easter event going on. We got in the car and even made it to the gate. I stopped at a booth to buy a year membership as Aren and Leah went to buy their tickets. While, I was buying our membership, we heard over the loud speaker that a thunderstorm was imminent in less than 30 minutes. Joel stopped Aren and Leah and we got back into the car and went home. Ky took a nap while we played games. We then had a delicious dinner--pork tenderloin. After dinner, we went to a local spot and got milkshakes.
On Sunday, we headed to church and had a good Resurrection Sunday worship service. Joel and I didn't have big plans for dinner, so we got home made some hot dogs. Then the three of us took a nap. Canaan came over around 3 and we headed to the zoo. This time we made it through the gates and spent a few wonderful hours there. We saw the red pandas, tigers, lions, giraffes, polar bears, and a blind, but happy seal. :) We saw other animals too, but those were the animals we watched the longest. You can see pictures from the zoo below. After the zoo, Canaan stayed and had pizza with us. Then while Joel studied, Canaan and I played cards. It was a great Resurrection day!


Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I now have a zoo membership, so I plan on going to the zoo quite a bit this year!

2 comments:
I want to come visit sometime, so I can tke the kids to the zoo and see kyper....let me know a good weekend.
Yay for zoo memberships! They are awesome!!!
Post a Comment