Here are three things I am pondering today. One that makes me sad. One that makes me wonder. One that makes me smile.
First, I have been thinking about my time at Anawim a lot lately. One of my former co-workers and friend died of cancer this past weekend. I wish I was there to go to the funeral and support my other former co-workers during this time. Randy will be missed. He played Santa at our Christmas party. He loved it. He was sick the second year I was there, but there would be no stopping him from being Santa! Sadly, I don't think I have a digital picture of him as Santa on my computer here. He also was one of two co-workers that visited Joel and I at the hospital when Kyper was born. He didn't stay too long, because he didn't like hospitals--who can blame him. But, I thought it was so nice that he and his wife got us flowers and that he visited us. I'm glad he came, because he wasn't in the office the day Joel, Kyper, and I came to say goodbye before moving to MI. It is hard to imagine Anawim without Randy. I don't know how old Randy was. I would probably guess in his 40's so he was young. He leaves behind a wife and three kids. He was a good worker and a good guy. I'm praying and asking you to pray for comfort for his family. I pray that they feel God's peace and comfort during this difficult time.
Second, my baby boy is turning into a toddler before my eyes. He is starting to pull himself up to his feet on furniture. Before long, I know he will be able to walk while supporting himself on the furniture. Soon after that he will be toddling all by himself! Where does time go? When did my 6lbs 8oz newborn baby become this big?! I also made a call today about a pediatric dentist--what!? My baby has two teeth and is cutting 4 more! Wow and ouch! (Other moms, when did you take your child to the dentist the first time?)
Third, golf carts when not on the golf course make me smile. I just saw a older guy on one riding down the road. No, we do not live by a golf course. Rather, there is a guy (older) who lives down the street from us. He rides this golf cart to another house on our road to visit his buddy. (I'm assuming they are buddies.) This golf cart also carries a bunch of stuffed animals. Whenever he drives by in his golf cart, I get a smile on my face. The thing that gets me is that we live in the city. Stephanie's grandpa would ride back and forth on a golf cart in the country--that always made me smile too. Another thing I think about when I think about golf carts is Sandy Pines. I actually don't know a lot about Sandy Pines, but it is a vacation spot in MI where people own trailers/cottages. I visited there with a friend once or twice and I remember that golf carts are the chosen mode of transportation at Sandy Pines. Golf carts make me smile when they are used in a place other than a golf course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment