Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Rocking the Boat



We got a new video camera with some of the Christmas money we received from grandparents and parents. So, above is a video of Kyper rocking the boat (exersaucer).

I just have to tell you a little about the video camera. I am pretty proud of my research and deal-finding skills. All we wanted was a small camcorder that we could capture small videos on. We didn't need a really fancy one, because I basically only plan on putting the videos on our blog or sending them via email to parents/relatives. Since, we live a little ways away from grandparents we thought this is a fun way to show them Kyper and the things he has been doing. So, I started doing some research on video cameras. All the lingo and the prices made me a bit overwhelmed. I found a small pocket camera called the Flip camera and it looked like it would fit our needs and price range. (A little over $100.) However, I am Dutch and I wanted to make sure I had the best deal out there. So, I remembered when Joel first got me a digital camera, he got one that had been refurbished. So, I googled refurbished ones. We got a camera that normally sells for $150 for $85!

Because of the awesome deals we found for our new entertainment center and this video camera, I was able to get a slipcover for our couch with Christmas money as well! I ordered it today, soon our furniture will at least match in color. I'll take a picture of it when we get it, because I know you are all sitting on pins and needles waiting to see what our couch will look like with a slip cover. Haha.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Yay for good deals! Nice work!
We're excited to see you guys and Kyper this weekend, it looks like he's changed already since last time we saw him!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! He is growing and changing so much everytime I see him. What fun!