6 months ago, I met
Kyper Simon. I can't believe half a year has passed us by already. I took
Kyperman to the doctor today. Here are some things about
Kyper.
He now weighs 15lbs and 12oz and he is 26 inches tall. According to the growth chart
Kyper is just below the 50
th percentile. The doctor said he was a healthy boy. He had to get several vaccines today, so it wasn't all fun at the doctor's office.
We started rice cereal before Christmas and moved to oatmeal after Christmas. Just this Saturday, we gave him green beans. So far, he likes them. He opens his mouth really wide for them. I think peas are next. (Then maybe some fruit.)

The first time he rolled over was Dec. 7 and it wasn't from his tummy to his back. No, our child decided to roll from his back to his tummy first (I've heard that most babies go the other way tummy to back first). He does this at night, so he now sleeps on his tummy. He actually prefers to roll that way. We know he can go the other way, but doesn't very often. I think sometimes when he is on his tummy he knows we are right there and can help him roll over. We let him struggle though and by the time we do help he isn't happy on his back either. Here is a video of him rolling over. He was rolling long before Christmas, but he never did it in front of his Grandpa Phillips. (I think there might have been too much pressure.
Kyper likes to do it on his own and often will do it when people aren't looking or paying too much attention.)
He now can stay sitting up for a long time on his own. It is really nice, because he can't crawl yet. So, he can sit on the floor and play with some toys and I don't have to chase after him. Although, I believe he will be able to move on his own before I know it. He pushes up on his arms, gets his butt in the air and looks like he is going to go places, but just hasn't figured out the mechanics of it yet. I am okay with this, I will be chasing him long enough, so the crawling can wait for a little while. ;)

He does pretty well at sleeping. He sleeps from about 9:00pm to 7:00am. He is struggling with a little sleep regression and gets up at least once a night, but we have started letting him cry it out and he really only cries for 10-20 minutes then he falls fast asleep again. He is quite the mover. I think he gets that from his dad. I never know where he is going to be in the crib when he wakes up in the morning. Once he started rolling over, we stopped swaddling him.

He likes to play in his
exersaucer and enjoys relaxing in the swing.
He can pick up and put his pacifier in his mouth by himself.
He loves his dad and always has a big smile on his face when Joel gets home. He loves his bath time, which is father/son time. I got to intrude and take a video of it yesterday. He loves to splash!
I love that I get to stay at home with him. I get to see him grow and develop. His little personality is just starting to emerge and it is so fun to see.
I love you
Kyper and I am so glad that God has given you to me and Dad. The last six months have flown by! But, I want you to know that I am treasuring this time with you. I pray that God continues to bless you with health and growth.
3 comments:
Julie, he is PRECIOUS. Absolutely precious. :)
He is really really cute!
Great videos! I just looked back through his pictures.... he was so little!.... he is so big!
Post a Comment