Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Seattle Trip

I stood up in my friend Becky's wedding on July 14 in Seattle.  When she asked me to do this, I was pregnant and I knew it would be hard to travel with a newborn by myself.  Joel couldn't come due to three reasons a)we couldn't really afford two tickets, b) he didn't know his schedule and c) he was in another wedding on the 14th.
So, I said yes to being in her wedding not really sure what I was going to do.  At first I asked someone from my church if she would at least want to travel with me, because she had a new grandson there.  But, she had already booked a trip for August and couldn't do two.  I was chatting with my mom about the trip and she said "I've always wanted to go there".  I then said "you and dad could come with me."
Well, my dad couldn't really go due to vacation time at work, but my mom ended up going.  It was great.  She was incredibly helpful to have around especially while traveling and during the wedding events.  Since she is a teacher and not working during the summer, we decided to add a few days to our trip for some sight seeing.  So, what did we do?

We got in on Tuesday the 10th.  Wednesday we headed downtown Seattle to Pikes Place Market.  We waited for them to throw a fish, but unfortunately while we were there no big fish was thrown.
Anja and I by the fish market

The famous gum wall--it is actually pretty disgusting.  It is people's chewed gum.

The famous shot of Pike's Place
The first ever Starbucks

Thursday, we went to Ballard locks and saw the boats coming to and from Lake Washington and/or Lake Union to the Puget Sound Bay.  That evening the bridal party and their plus one's went to a wine release party at the winery that Becky and Kevin are members of. 
They crammed boats into the locks

Proof Anja was there

The boats going down.
Friday, my mom stayed at the house we were staying at while I went to a bridal shower for Becky and then we had rehearsal.
Becky painted Anja's toenails.
 Saturday was the wedding.
Anja and Momma with the bride

 Sunday we met up with one of my mom's friends that lives in Seattle.
I thought we were in Seattle?  A little touch of NY on Alki beach in Seattle.
  Monday we traveled home.

It was a very fun trip.  Anja was a great traveler and did very well on the plane rides.  Kyper had fun at Grandma and Grandpa Phillips' house while I was gone.

No comments: