We have been quite busy over the last week and a half. I have started my neurology program, now that internship is done. But we have still managed to get outside and have some fun with the kids. I had July 4 off and we recently celebrated Kyper's birthday early.
July 3 we lit some smoke bombs. Kyper loved those. Then, we tried a nice, mild fountain-type firework called The Dinosaur. The label said "emits fountains of sparks". What it faild to tell us, is that the dinosaur had a roar. Kyper was excited as I lit the wick, and Anja was as content as could be. A half second later, there was a loud whistle, Kyper screamed and ran around the house, bursting into tears. Meanwhile, Anja also began to scream in her bouncy seat. I must have looked like the worst parent in the world. Needless to say, we went back to lighting "smoke bottoms; no more dinosaurs, Daddy."
 |
| "Smoke Bottoms" as Kyper says |
The 4th turned out to be a hot day. It was 90 degrees when we woke up, thankfully we had air conditioning, unlike the power outage of last year. It peaked at 101. So we got the pool out early, and got creative. What started as a nice waterfall into his pool turned into an elaborate waterworks. I love having a kid; it gives me a good excuse to play with toys again. If people look, they will say, "look what that dad is building with his kid." A few years ago, they may have said, "why is that grown man playing with toys?". Anyway, you can watch the progression from a simple watering can on a ladder, to an entire waterslide of sorts. Maybe next time, we can float a few bugs down it.
 |
| 1 Hose + 1 Watering Can + 1 Ladder = A whole day of fun |
 |
| Marble Works turn into Water Works when it gets hot outside |
During naptime, I had a chance to run to Lowe's an spend my birthday money. I ended up getting tools! Thanks, Julie, for putting a bug in your parents ears. I ended up with a nice ax, a wedge to split wood, and a bow saw.
 |
| My new tools I bought with birthday money--Thanks Mom and Dad K. |
 |
| Even though it was 100 degrees, I had to use my new tools! |
On Sunday, we had Kyper's birthday celebration a little early--due to our schedules. He turns 3 this year, so we hung 3 balloons from is doorway to surprise him when he woke up. We had a white birthday cake (his favorite) after eating a pancake dinner. Then we opened presents. He got a mini hockey goal. It will be a lot of fun, because now there is an actual net, rather than shooting the puck between eachother's 5 hole. We went to the park by the Detroit River in Wyandotte, where Kyper got to blow bubbles and we got to see life size replicas of Christopher Columbus' boats docked by the boardwalk.
 |
| Anja dressed for the occasion with her sailboat dress. |
Finally, here is the garden update. My beans grew right up their 7ft bamboo poles (I am glad I cut them down from 12ft!). Now, tomatoes are growing into beans, and beans are growing into tomatoes. We are starting to get tiny beans, and some tomatoes are ripening. The corn may do something, I am starting to see tassels. All but 2 plants are only 1 1/2 ft tall...we will have mini corn this year.
 |
| The corn is growing, 2 stalks are waist high, the others are much shorter. |
 |
| It looks more like a jungle than a garden |
 |
| Cucumbers found their way out |
 |
| My beans are taller than me! |
 |
| Our one strawberry flower...we got 2 more today! |
That is all for now. I hope that suffices for the next week or so, then of course, there will be more to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment