Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Me, crafty? Why yes!

One of my best friends came and visited last week.  It was so much fun!  The night before I had done a little shopping since we were going to get the kids' pictures taken.  I only went to Target and they really didn't have a lot of options, but I did find a nice shirt for both Kyper and Anja.   Kyper's outfit was complete, but Anja's was missing something.  An accessory!  My friend who came to visit is one of my go to people in regards to fashion, so I thought that she may be able to help.

I showed her the outfits I had and told her I wanted a little hair accessory, but I didn't have one.  I had thought that we may go shopping for something or with her creative side that she may have another idea.  After a couple hours, an idea struck her!  Why don't you sew buttons on to some of your headbands you have.  I had a few headbands for myself, which I hardly ever use.  So, we dug out my sewing kit and found some buttons.  As she prepped a salad for her next activity, I went to work and started sewing.  Here are some pictures of my craft and my super cute model!





Thanks for the great ideas Steph!  Anja looked super cute in her picture outfit and headband.  And, I felt like a pretty cool momma that made a fun girly accessory for her little girl!

1 comment:

bethany said...

She is starting to look a lot like Kyper's sister. Those facial expressions!