So, I am employed! I just started my new job on Thursday. I think I am going to love it! I can do 95% of it from home.
I am the new Administrative Coordinator for Rebuilding Together Detroit. Before, explaining my position, I should tell you about Rebuilding Together.
Rebuilding Together is a national non profit with affiliate's all over the country. The do home repair projects for low income people--families with children, people with disabilities, and elderly people.
My job is a part time contracted position. It will only be 20 hours a month. RTD does not have their own office. They lease space from another non-profit (actually, the one I did my internship at when I was at U of M.) Although, part of my job is to answer phones and sort mail--I only need to go in once every other week just for the mail. I can do the rest from home--yes, even the phone calls. They only have a message line, so I can call from my phone, retrieve the messages, and return phone calls from home. The rest of my job will be accepting applications and making sure applicants have all the necessary documentation. Getting that information to the board, so they can decide on the projects they want to do. I also will be looking for funding opportunities and filling out applications for them--I'm looking forward to this part. I also will be inputting a lot of information about projects and volunteers into an online database.
So, I am really excited. I like the position. I like that I can do 95% of it from home, so I won't really have to worry about child care for Kyper. The 5% I have to do at the office will probably be able to be done in the evenings or on Saturdays--when Joel is home. Or, I can take Kyper with me since it will be just picking up mail.
I get to stay in Kyper's world and I won't have a huge blank on my resume!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratultions! Sounds perfect!!! It was good to see you and Kyper the other Sunday, sorry I didn't get a chance to chat more. Maybe next time. :)
Chris D.V.
Rebecca sure gets around! ;)
Post a Comment