I forgot to tell you about one other adventure that Kyperman went on in September. Kyperman and his faithful sidekick, mom, went to mom's cousin's wedding. Great fun was had by all (for the most part), but I don't have pictures to prove it. You will just have to take my written word for it. :)
On, Thursday Sept. 17 Kyperman and Julie headed out of Detroit metro after Kyperman's two month appointment. He weighed in over 11 lbs and the doctor stated he was in excellent health. Also, at this appointment he some shots. :( That wasn't very fun. The nurse knew we were going on a 3 hour trip (I just sang the Gilligan Island Theme song in my head). So, she made sure he had some Tylenol right before we left. Kyperman is an amazing rider. He slept all the way from Detroit to Zeeland. There were minimal tears once we turned on the road to get to my parents. :) We arrived in Zeeland around 4 and Kyperman ate. My mom got home at 5 and that is when the worst part of the weekend occurred. Kyperman was not happy! He started bawling and I couldn't calm or comfort him. I went to check if he had a dirty diaper. He was wearing long pants and lo and behold when I took them off I find that his little leg was very red and inflamed. Grandma took a look and we agreed that this was the reason for the hard crying. Hard crying is just not that typical of Kyperman. He had a local reaction to one of the shots. So, fortunately, I remembered to take some children's Tylenol along. I gave him some of that and then put a little ice on his leg. He fell asleep in my arms soon after and that was the end of the bad part of the weekend. :) That night, we got to see Aunt Susan, Nate, Nick and Elizabeth. It was fun, although Kyperman was cuddling with mommy for the most of the evening.
On Friday, Kyperman and mom got to see a really good friend Renee and her little baby girl Abby. Maybe she will post pictures on her blog of Kyper and Abby together, because she was the only one with a camera that morning. Abby is a beautiful baby and it was fun to catch up with Renee in person rather than just through facebook or our blogs. After Renee left, we had lunch with Grandpa and then headed to Aunt Joy and Uncle David's house. We just relaxed there for a few hours. We got to see Syd, Peyton and Mariah that afternoon. Kyperman and mom left David and Joy's and headed back to Grandpa and Grandma Koning's for the next leg of the journey. We rode up with my parents and grandparents to Glen Arbor, MI. (That is a small city in the beautiful north.) We made it to our hotel and slept for the night.
On Saturday, Kyperman got to meet some pretty cool people. Before exploring Glen Arbor, we got to go to the condo where another Koning family was getting ready for the big wedding. We got to see my aunt and uncle and cousins. It was so cool to introduce my cousin's to Kyper especially Kevin and Travis. Kevin, Travis and I were all born within months of each other, so we were known as the three musketeers of our family. I was really glad that Kyper and I got to go to his wedding (we went to Travis's in August.) It meant a lot to us and I think it meant a lot to the bride and groom. The only sad part was that Kyperman's other faithful sidekick, dad, couldn't come along. Joel was busy working on medical school stuff that weekend. (Don't worry he made time for some fun by going to Port Huron and watching the freighters. Actually, he spared me from an afternoon of boredom. I just don't get too excited spending an entire afternoon and evening watching freighters. No offense to anyone.) Okay, back to Glen Arbor. Kyper, mom, grandma and grandpa had a little time before the wedding so they all explored the town of Glen Arbor. It was a beautiful day. They hit up some of the stores including the Cherry Republic. The theme of the store is Life, Liberty, Beaches and Pie. My dad stated that they had the best cherry pie ever--he has high expectations, so that is saying something! I made sure to get some sour cherry gummies from the original store....oh so good. After strolling downtown, we headed back to the condo and got ready for the wedding. We got VIP passes to the wedding, since we were taking my grandparents. It was nice. Kevin and Mara had a beautiful wedding. I wish I had pictures to show you. They got married on a bluff that overlooked Lake Michigan. It was a perfect day and a beautiful ceremony. We also had a lot of fun at the reception. However, we had to leave before the dance really got under way because we were headed back to Zeeland that same night. (It was a good 3 hour drive). Oh, I forgot to tell you that Mara got some wooden shoes from Kevin's family. Mara is Irish and we are Dutch. So, at the reception Mara got some wooden shoes and had to dance in them. How fun. I guess at the rehearsal they gave her a top ten list of what makes a good dutch wife. (Finding all the bargains, buying things on sale even if you don't need them, using lots of brown sugar when baking, eating windmill cookies, king peppermints, knowing how to play Rook, etc.).
On Sunday, Kyperman and I slept in a little bit. I know Grandma and Grandpa Phillips dropped by and peaked in but we were still sleeping. We got home at midnight and then didn't get to bed until after 1. After Kyperman had breakfast he and I hit the road again to head back to Detroit. We had missed Joel and wanted to get back to him. :) Again, Kyperman did amazing in the car and we enjoyed a Sunday afternoon with Joel once we got back home.
That was longer than I intended it to be. I guess pictures say a thousand words, so I didn't type as much in my last post. Make sure you look at those adventures as well. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment