Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Awesomeness is Alice

(Make sure you look below for two posts about Adventures of Kyperman.)

Okay, I need to tell you about this awesome website I found. Alice.com.

Alice is a website that you can do some household goods shopping on. I was watching Rachael Ray the other morning and she had a clip about coupons. I do try to find the best deal and if using coupons is a way to do that I do that. (I guess you can call me a good Dutch girl or someone who likes to save money.)

Okay, so Alice.com does the coupon clipping for you. You can go shopping for various household goods on it. For the most part it is toiletries and cleaning products, but they also have some dry goods and snack food. You log into your account and shop for products that you use. For instance, Joel uses one brand of shaving cream. I found it on the site and put it in my "cupboard". I can then select how often I need to replace it. So, say he goes through a can of shaving cream every month. I can be reminded in a month to get more. Now, the nice thing with Alice.com is that if there are coupons out there, they will find them and use them towards the products you are buying. Therefore, you don't have to do the tedious job of coupon clipping. The other nice thing is that they offer free shipping!!! So, not only are you saving money by using the coupons they find, you don't have to go to the store and use gas to go shopping for some of those household items we all need. It doesn't cost you anything to have the items shipped to you. (Now, I do think you need to have a minimum number of items.) The other way you save a little money, is that you are not buying the products from a store, but basically directly from the manufacturer, so the prices on the products are a little lower than they would be in the store.

When I heard about this site I decided to check it out. It was awesome. I had toilet paper, shower cleaner, Kleenex, and Joel's shaving cream on my grocery list anyway. I found all the products and the best deals and decided to order them through Alice.com. I did this on Thursday and they came today to my door. This will save me some money and time in the store--I don't have to scout the shelves to find these items. Another bonus, is that I will get boxes. Why is that important to me? Well, I know we will be moving in two years. We have an attic to store boxes, so now I will be able to get some good moving boxes for the next time I move. :)

I really thought there would be a catch, but you even get a free account on Alice.com. So, you don't have to pay a monthly fee or anything. :)

I put their banner on my sidebar. Check it out!

No comments: