Friday night Joel got done with work early, so that is when we headed down to Wyandotte. See pictures in the post below.
Saturday, we had a relaxing morning at home. That afternoon we drove a little east of Ann Arbor to Waterloo State Park. A bunch of families from our church were there camping all weekend, so we decided to go and spend some time with friends. We were able to enjoy the potluck and hot dog roast as well as a nice walk by Portage lake. We were sad that we weren't able to enjoy the beach too much, so we decided then what our activity for Sunday would be--beach.
Sunday, Joel packed the car with beach attire and a packed lunch. We went to church in Dearborn and afterward headed to the state park again. We enjoyed an afternoon of friends and sunshine. (Well, not Kyper--we had him covered all day--the picture below shows him in his stroller taking a nap.) We left late in the afternoon and came home to relax, bake cookies, and give Kyper a bath from the beach day he "experienced". They turned out good.
Monday, Joel had the day off. Most of the day was spent relaxing a home. I was able to get laundry done and the three of us did a Meijer run. We found some cheap steaks at Meijer and decided to grill for dinner. We enjoyed some time out in our backyard as a family. :) (Not the best picture of me.) We must have worn Kyper out because once he did fall asleep last night (11pM) he slept until 5 am! This is progress my friends. We'll have to see if it is a fluke or the beginning of us getting a little more sleep. (I know it will change once he begins teething and what not, but here's hoping for more nights like that.)
Now we are back to the routine of September. Joel is at the clinic and I am home with Kyper. Joel will be off tomorrow, which is fun since Katie (his sister-in-law) is in MI. We are going to meet her in Lansing for lunch.
Have I told you that I fall more in love with Kyper whenever I see his smile. :) It is the best. We have another picture of him with my teddy bear. He (Kyper that is) has grown so much in the last few weeks. He will be two months on the 14th!
Okay I am going to end this post with a random thought I had the other day. Joel emailed his uncle a picture of Kyper with the freighter (you have to understand--the Rosema side of the family loves everything freighters--Joel often visits a website: www.boatnerd.com). So, I was thinking that Joel's uncle is Kyper's great uncle. However, this doesn't really make sense. See, here is what I figured out. Our parents are Kyper's grandparents and their parents are his great grandparents, but our parents' siblings are great aunts and uncles already. Shouldn't our parents' siblings be Grand-aunts and grand-uncles, so that the same term is used for the same generation? Do you follow my logic? Now, that is what I call a Phillips' Pondering. :)

4 comments:
Love the pics! If you are ever bored in the afternoons let me know! I am always at my sister's watching our boys while she works but I would love for you and Kyper to come hang out with us:) She lives in Riverview. Just let me know!!!
Tammy
hey jules...wow! kyper has sure changed alot! he is getting bigger....peyton loved the picture of kyper taking a bath...she couldn't believe he had a tummy? (i don't know either...) anyways....can't wait to see you in october! take care! love: joy and girls and david i guess... :)
So I am really slow...really slow. We had a super busy summer. I just looked at your blog and you had your baby! I am pretty sure I didn't already comment.
Kyper is so cute!!! He is getting so big already. Don't they grow up so fast? How are you liking being a mom? Are you still working?
Anyway CONGRATS on cute little Kyper! He is super cute!
Such a lovely little boy! And it's warm enough for days at the state park--that's just good stuff.
Post a Comment