Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Shower Experience

(No this story is not about a wedding or baby shower. Haha) So, I want to tell you a story. We moved at the beginning of January to a house. We are house-sitting for a couple that is in China teaching English for 18 months. It is a pretty nice house and we have quite a bit more space than our town home at Maple Grove. Plus, we are saving a lot of money, because we are only paying utilities. Well, the first morning we were there, I had to go to work. So, I proceeded to wake up and take a shower. I couldn't get the shower to work though. In order for the shower to work, you have to pull a little knob up on the faucet. The knob would not stay up. It would stay up only for the shower to drip on my head. I was quite frustrated to say the least, seeing as I need a little more water pressure to wash my hair than that. In the end, I got on my knees and washed my hair under the faucet. Not the best shower in the world. (Actually, I think I had better ones when I was in Mexico for a mission trip.) Joel was still on break from school. I felt bad, but I woke him up to tell him about this right after it happened. I told him that I can get on my hands and knees right now, but in a couple weeks that will get very uncomfortable due to the growing baby in me. Haha. Joel called me later that day and said he had the same problem, but came up with a solution. The pictures below show his solution. :) My husband is awesome!
The above picture shower. It is a lovely shade of pink. :) If you can't tell there is something a little different on the faucet. Let's look at the picture below to get a clearer picture:

That, my friends, is a soap dish that Joel used to prop the knob up and he secured it with several rubber bands. It actually works wonders. It just looks a little funky to say the least.

4 comments:

the reverend said...

this story makes me laugh b/c i have the same problem in one of our showers, only I use a comb to prop our up! If the comb isn't there, i have about 30 seconds of water pressure, then it shuts off! Our faucet actually looks pretty identical to yours, maybe it's a problem with the manufacturer?!

Unknown said...

I've got a bathtub that would go nicely with that shower tile.

Melanie said...

I thought it looked like a fake piece of fruit. A lemon perhaps. Also I like the self breast exam card. Good reminder.

A and C said...

we have a pink tub and crazy shower too!! :)