Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Movements Inside

A week or two ago, I started feeling Blueberry move. I wasn't 100% sure that was what I actually felt. I thought it might have been my imagination, because I was really anxious for that part of pregnancy. However, I am pretty sure now that's what it was. It is so crazy and it makes me excited. It is cool thinking that there is a new life growing in me and it is busy moving and making it's presence known. The first few times I felt it there wasn't any distinct movements that I could feel. It almost just felt like the baby was doing somersaults. For those of you who don't know and always ask, I am going to give the standard answer. It really feels like little flutters or butterflies in your stomach. I never felt like that was a satisfying answer, but there is no other way to really describe it.

There are certain times of the day when I can tell when Blueberry is more active. On my way to work is one of them (8 am). Actually, as I type this I am feeling little kicks or elbows nudging me from the inside. The other times I have noticed is in the evening (supper time) and right before bed. I have heard that when you feel the baby move is more likely to be when the baby is awake after birth. I guess it indicates their sleeping pattern Is that true? If so, I haven't been woken up by the baby yet, which would be a good sign right?! Or maybe, I am able to sleep through the movements, because the baby is too small to really kick me with enough force to wake me up. :)

I am really posting this, because of what happened last night. It was exciting. I told Joel that the baby was really moving right before we were trying to fall asleep. He put his hand on the baby belly and tried to feel for Blueberry. Well, I was a bit skeptical that he would feel it this early on, but Blueberry made his/her presence known to Joel as well! Joel was so excited.

5 comments:

Debbi said...

I love it! I think that is so exciting, each time you are pregnant, and especially your first! I love that blueberry kicked Joel too! YAY! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you - you should post some pregnant pictures, although you are probably super tiny and not showing!

Anne-Marie said...

That is so exciting! It's way more fun when Daddy gets to feel it too! I always thought those first few movements felt like a muscle in my belly was twitching. It is hard to describe, though. I'm not sure I agree with the sleeping hypothesis. My kids were mostly active at night while I was asleep, but after they were born weren't really night owls. Good luck with that though :)

A and C said...

How exciting! You'll have to start 'Belly Watch' and post pictures... :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic! God can even surprise the Doctor from time to time eh?

Christia said...

Oh Julie! I'm so so so excited for you! :)