Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

A Night Out on the Town (or on DMU)

So, every winter DMU throws a big bash downtown Des Moines at the Convention Complex. It is called the winter gala. It is fun to get all dressed up and enjoy a night on the town with our significant others and friends. Especially when the night is free. (Well, I guess part of our tuition pays for this, so it better be good.) The party includes a fun band and some awesome food. The major hit of the evening on the food end of things was the huge, amazing chocolate fountain. (Although, to be honest I really enjoyed the fresh fruit better than the chocolate. Shh. Don't tell, but I am not the hugest chocolate fan to begin with and this pregnancy is making me crave fruits!) Joel really liked the Starbucks coffee that they had. There were a ton of people dancing, but Joel didn't get any pictures. I didn't really feel like dancing in a very crowded space, so I sat and talked with friends and watched other people dance. :) I think Joel was okay with this. He didn't seem to mind when he told our friends my pregnancy was a perfect excuse not to dance. However, lets be honest he "drags" me to the dance floor as often as I do. :)

Below are some pictures of us at the party. First, you have the whole group: Clint and Brandie, Joel and I, Jayme and Sarah, and Eric and Chelsea. We all kind of matched each other with the black, reds and oranges. Never realized how color coordinated we were until looking at this picture.The next picture is one of Jayme and Sarah.
Then you get Eric and Chelsea.
Then Joel and I. (I made him wear the orange shirt, because I got an orange shawl. Plus it is one of my favorite dress shirts of his, because I love the color orange.)

Finally, here is Clint and Brandie.
All in all it was a fun night. It was good to have our students back for an evening out. 2nd year has been much harder for them. so I am glad they all took a night off and relaxed with us.

No comments: