Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Few Thoughts for the Day

Okay here are some random and perhaps funny thoughts for the day.

First, I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were talking about an upcoming Oprah show. I guess she is going to showcase some of her favorite things. They stated that due to the tanking economy she is going to show only affordable items and items that cost next to nothing. Okay, so my question is what does affordable and next to nothing mean to Oprah!? Lets face it it probably means something completely different than it does to you and me.

Second, I just wanted to mention a weird quirk about myself. I am irrationally afraid of birds. Yes, I know that it is a irrational fear. (I have several--another one is revolving doors.) The other week at work there were hundreds of birds in the trees, on the power lines and just in the sky. I don't know why, but they all were gathered. They were just plain black birds. It was freaky though, because we opened the window and it is all I heard all day. Although, I have never seen the movie and nor do I want to, but it reminded me of why the Alfred Hitchcock movie titled Birds seems so scary. I think the irrational fear started a few years ago when we had a bird in our house. It happened like 3 times. Joel wrote a poem about his experience with the bird. I really should post it. (Huh, maybe I will sometime.) The final time it happened I thought someone had broken into our home, because things were knocked off the shelves and pictures were not hanging straight. I called my dear friend, Canaan, to rescue me that day and she helped tremendously. (Joel was working.) Want to know something else funny about this quirk: I have a mother and a brother who love to go bird watching. Apparently, I didn't get that gene.

Okay, so those are my thoughts for the day. Hope they were entertaining.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! Yes I agree with the whole Oprah thing. What is cheap to her probably isn't so cheap to us. Who knows maybe we will be surprised.

The only bird that is creepy to me is the black bird. I think I notice them more now that I have watched the Omen. Even though that show is not one bit scary the birds on there kind of freak me out.

Unknown said...

I suppose it doesn't matter if they're cheap because she's giving them away for free!!! Yahooo!!! Now my first task as a covert agent is trying to get on the favorite things show.

I suppose I have irrational fears...I'm irrationally fearful of trying to think of what they are.