Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Right to Vote

Hey all! I just wanted to post a picture that shows what I am thankful for today. (Not the most flattering picture of me--oh well.) Just so you know: we have an American Flag, but it is not hanging up. Puerto Rico was the closest we could come to an American Flag for a backdrop. Also, I was very disappointed that my polling place didn't have stickers. Therefore, my co-worker, Genevieve, made one for me.
To end: I respect everyone who voted today. I especially respect people who prayed and researched their decision. I respect who you voted for even if it wasn't the same person I voted for. And, I would ask the same of all of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My polling place didn't have stickers either! I actually asked about that after I cast my ballot, and the poll worker looked at me like I was crazy or something :-). Oh well. Sounds like there was a sticker shortage in Iowa as well as Indiana!

Debbi said...

I was so bumed, my place had stickers but I walked out and forgot one! PLUS, I waited in line for one hour and 15 minutes so I really really wanted one. Where the lines there bad? Wade had to go after work and he has been there since 4 and still isn't home yet (it's 7:30!)

Unknown said...

Krispy Cream was giving out donuts to anyone who voted and was wear the sticker "I Voted Today". I didn't need the Krispy Cream Donut anyway! But either way my voting station didn't have stickers! Bummer. I could've made a sticker and tried it out.