Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Traverse City--week three highlights

I actually don't have a lot of pictures from our third week there. Joel worked longer this week, so we didn't do as much.

Sunday we went to a little lake north of Empire, MI. Then we went to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park--Pierce Stocking Drive. It was gorgeous. Here are pictures:

Beach at Empire. My little waterbug. He has no fear of water, which scares me a little. I am going to put him in swimming lessons as soon as I can and next summer he will be wearing a life jacket whenever he is awake when we go to the cottage or any other body of water.)I absolutely love this picture. My two guys!
Sleeping Bear Dunes.
Kyper likes to climb the dunes.
On the edge.
We also went apple picking.
He liked to throw the apples we picked. Silly boy.
The orchard also had a pumpkin patch. We didn't get a pumpkin, but it was a good photo op.


We headed back to Holland the following weekend, for Joel's cousin's wedding. I don't have pictures from that, but I know Joel does. So, we'll do another blog post for that.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the picture of Kyper throwing the apple! Lucy apparently tried taking a bite out of every apple she could. Which is worse...?

Is Kyper trying out his future farmer skills on the tractor? Very cute!

Cohrs Compilations said...

cute pics! I like your favorite too and just LOVE sleeping bear dunes and the color of the water. that is a great area, we love camping there.