Without further ado:
Below, is my favorite spread. I love this one! (I had another template I was working on, but I fell in love with this layout. So, this is the template I chose.)
If you are wondering what I used: I was able to find the Creative Memory Storybook Creator online and download a free version. CM also has some free templates. So, I didn't get all the bells and whistles and I only had a few templates to select from. But they had some good options that were free. I actually love the colors of the template. Maybe when we have a better income, I can purchase more things for digital scrapbooking, but this works for now. It probably made it easier and faster actually not having all the bells and whistles. You get what you get and you just drop pictures in the slots and journal in the text areas. You don't spend extra time picking out the absolutely perfect color, trinket, and extra stuff for a page. :)
I was going to use Shutterfly, but CM gave me more room to write/journal. So, it cost a little more to print than Shutterfly. It was worth the extra money though to capture my baby's first year.
I actually have one that I made from our two years in IA, but I have to wait to get it printed due to income restrictions. Maybe at Christmas--gift money. I decided my goal in the future is to do a book for each child's first year. In the meantime, I think I will try to do family one's for every two years or so. You get 20 pages for the cost, which to me is perfect. I do a spread for every season and then you may have a few pages extra for bigger events throughout the year/years. 20 pages was perfect for our two years in IA. It gave me just enough room to highlight the big events each season. (you can add pages for additional money.)

1 comment:
Creative Memories ROCKS!!! i used to be a consultant, and its the best!
Post a Comment