Joel was studying for his Step 2 boards on Wednesday, July 28 and saw a picture of the cottage come up on his screen saver. He tells me "Man, I really wish I was swimming in Big Star right now."
I replied, "Well, you don't have to work tomorrow, so maybe we should go up there for the day. My parents are up there for the week." I also told him he should call in sick on Friday.
He says, "Really? I actually wouldn't have to call in sick, because I don't have to be back until 12:30pm on Friday. But, I really need to study a bit longer if we go."
We went back and forth and it was decided that I would go to the ALIVE (our church's program for middle schoolers, which I am helping with) bash and then after I get back we would drive up north.
SPONTANEITY LIVES!
It was a gorgeous day to spend up north. Joel took his studying with him and did some of that, but on his breaks he was able to go swimming and seadooing. Kyper loved it!
Here are some pictures:

No comments:
Post a Comment