We got in on Friday morning and spent the afternoon at Joel's parents. We had dinner at good old Russ' with my parents and grandparents. After dinner, we headed downtown. The weather was pretty miserable, but we decided that Saturday was suppose to be even worse. So, we found where Mariah, my niece, was dancing and watched her dance. It was fun. Here are pictures:
Saturday, we went to breakfast with Joel's parents. Joel and I headed to my parents in the afternoon to take pictures of 6 of the 7 grandchildren in Dutch costumes. (Mariah was Dutch Dancing) Here are a few pictures of that event:
This is the best picture. We only had a short time to get everyone.
Sunday, we headed back to the east side of the state right after breakfast. I wanted to spend a relaxing day at our home on Mother's day. Joel ended up needing to study quite a bit, but it was a relaxing day. Joel let me take a long nap in the afternoon while watching Kyper. It was excellent. I am so blessed to be a mom. Mother's Day is a great day, but I thought a lot about friends (and women I don't know) who so badly want/wanted to be moms and it just isn't/hasn't happened or maybe they lost a child. If that is the case Mother's Day might be one of the hardest days of the year. I hope they know how special they are and that I am praying for them.
To end, here is a picture of Ky after our walk in the woods. I think he liked it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment