Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Camping

This past weekend we were able to go camping with some college friends, Josh and Renee. This was the first time Ky went camping. It was a pretty uneventful weekend, which is nice compared to our last camping adventure with Josh and Renee when we survived a tornado in Muscatine, IA. Read that adventure here.

Here are some of the details about the weekend--
Where: Warren Dunes State Park on Lake MI.

Weather: During the day it was nice. I was comfortable in jeans and a sweatshirt. In the evenings and at night it got a chilly. I was comfortable in multiple layers.

Things we did: we had a campfire both nights--s'mores and hobo pies were cooked and consumed. Joel and Josh hiked and climbed dunes. We all played Quiddler and Pirateer. I took Kyper on several walks around the campground. We cooked a bacon and egg breakfast. We all climbed a huge dune the morning before we left. Josh and Joel went for a morning kayak ride.

How Kyper did on his first camping trip: Kyper did well, although I think it will be a lot easier and more fun for me and Kyper once he is done nursing and walking. Our site was very sandy, so I didn't really let Kyper crawl around. He also does not do too well in a new environment, so even if I did put him down he probably would have come right back to me. So, I ended up holding him or he was confined to his high chair or stroller. He slept pretty well when we put him down for the night, but both nights he woke up crying. We had him quite layered, but I still think his head and hands were cold. The first night he woke up at 3:30am. Since, Josh and Renee were in the same tent as us, I picked him up right away. He wouldn't go back in his pack-n-play, so he ended up spending the rest of the night sleeping with Joel and I. The second night he woke up at 12:30 am and we let him sleep with us again. I think he stayed warmer with us.

Pictures:
He likes his high chair.
The tent had what I like to call a doggy door...it was the perfect size for Kyper.
Josh, Renee, and Kyper all waiting for breakfast.

Josh and Joel's hike was very mucky.
But then they found dunes to climb. Joel is king of the dune!My favorite two men.
Family Picture on top of a dune
The view from the top.
I was going to post a video of our descent down the dune but it didn't work.

Hope you enjoyed our camping adventure.

No comments: