I decided to video tape some Dutch dancing this year. Yea, I know super touristy, but I had a purpose behind it. First, some of you have never been to Tulip Time in Holland, MI. So, here are a few clips from the dance that is done many many times over the two weeks of the Tulip Festival. Like I said--clips, I am sure if you Youtube it you may be able to find the whole thing--but make sure you put in Holland, MI. This brings me to my other reason. When we lived in IA, we went to Pella's tulip time and watched their dutch dancers. It was a different dance. So, I wanted to show my IA friends the MI dutch dance. :)
In Holland, MI the Dutch Dancers are not children like they are in Pella. You can choose to dance starting in High School. So, the clips below are of my niece's group. She is a sophomore in high school. After the high schoolers dance, the alumni dance downtown Holland. The costumes you see have been inspected and passed by a board of people...Holland costumes are super strict compared to Pella's.
And without further ado I present to you several videos of he MI dutch.
Stay tuned for stories from our recent camping trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment