Kyper will be 8 months on Sunday...I think every mom asks this question every day, but where did my little baby go? He is growing up and developing rapidly before my eyes, which is one reason I love staying at home with him.
I don't think I blogged about this, so I'll tell you now. About three weeks ago, I felt small points protruding from his gums. I felt one on a Tuesday and then on Wednesday there was another one. Yes, my baby's two bottom front teeth are coming in. So far teething hasn't been too miserable. Yes, I can tell sometimes that he is a little crabbier than normal, but it really has not been the nightmare that I imagined it could be.
Not only are his teeth starting to come in, but he is starting to realize that he can get places. I am not quite sure it is always intentional, as you will see by the video. He rolls all around the floor from place to place and when he tries to move forward in a crawl-like way he scoots backwards. He gets up on all fours and just rocks. I think within the next two weeks, I will have a crawler on my hands. I can see that he wants to move, he just hasn't gotten it all figured out yet. The way he gets up on all fours, I am wondering if he will skip over the army crawl that many babies do first. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Here is a video capturing Kyperman in action.
What else is new on the Kyper front? Well, he and I are going to baby story time at our local library. It is on Thursday mornings. It looks like it will be a fun activity to do with him. I think it may also be a good way to meet some moms that live closer. I also think I will change MOPS groups and join one that is a little nearer to our house.
One last thing about Kyper for all you Holland folks that read this. I am looking for a Dutch boy costume that we can just borrow for some photo-ops. I'm not sure if we will be home for Tulip Time or not, we haven't checked the dates with Joel's rotations, but I think it would be so fun to get some pictures in a Dutch boy costume. Did you know a costume for a little kids costs like $70! Ridiculous! They only wear it like a few times. Plus, I can't justify spending that much on a costume without an income. (I don't know if I could justify that with an income...what can I say, I'm Dutch!) So, if you know of anyone that may have a costume that we could borrow for a day or two while in Holland this spring could you let me know? I think he'd fit into 12 months. I would love a little Volendam one, since that was the one I wore when I danced in high school, but I am really not picky seeing as I am asking to borrow one!
Okay now onto more general news about the Phillips life.
--Joel and I had a nice dinner last night (with Kyper) for our anniversary. We made ribs and they were delicious. Joel got me some flowers--5 beautiful tulips. I think tulips are my favorite flower and I love the color he got me. They actually remind me a lot of our wedding colors. Pictures below. Don't worry, we will have some just Joel and Julie time...next weekend. We are going to a Bed and Breakfast about two hours from home for a night next weekend. It will be fun to get away for a night. Joel's parents are coming out this way to watch Kyper.
--We are going to get a zoo membership with the last bit of our Christmas money. We live 10 minutes from the zoo! A year membership for Joel and I will be $55. To get into the zoo without a membership costs at least $10 a person, so even if just I go with Kyper (kids are free until age 2) at least 6 times it is worth it. Since, the zoo is only 10 minutes away, I imagine we will go more often. It will be a fun place to walk and explore. I imagine that Kyper is a little too young to really get the full experience, but he loves to go for walks and just look around him. Our neighborhood is safe to take walks in, but I think it would be fun to walk around the zoo and it will provide a change of scenery. Also, a lot of my friends from church have memberships, so it can easily be a play date close to my house! :) I'm excited.
--I am waiting patiently to hear about a job at my church that I applied for and interviewed for in the end of January. I am excited about it, so pray that I get it. There were a few delays along the way that I am not going to put on the blog. I know I am one of the top two candidates. I am not sure if I even blogged about this. I won't go into the job description, but know that I am excited about the job based on the description and it is up my alley. Another reason I am excited is that it is only 10 hours a week and many of those hours will be done when Joel is home or from home. So, I don't have to give up being at home with Kyper and I wouldn't have to worry too much about child care. And lets be honest, a small income would be nice to help pay a few of our bills.
--I should be getting some grant work from my friend in IA. I am excited to help her and get into some grant writing.
--Joel is on his neurology rotation and loves it! He really can see himself doing this type of work in the future. Pray that he makes a good impression on the people at the program. He is planning on applying for their residency program and it is one of the best. :)
--I have been loving the weather! I have gone on walks the past 5 days! It is a beautiful thing. Kyper loves them as well. It is a little dreary here today, but it is suppose to be 62 degrees!! Heat wave!
One last thing about Kyper for all you Holland folks that read this. I am looking for a Dutch boy costume that we can just borrow for some photo-ops. I'm not sure if we will be home for Tulip Time or not, we haven't checked the dates with Joel's rotations, but I think it would be so fun to get some pictures in a Dutch boy costume. Did you know a costume for a little kids costs like $70! Ridiculous! They only wear it like a few times. Plus, I can't justify spending that much on a costume without an income. (I don't know if I could justify that with an income...what can I say, I'm Dutch!) So, if you know of anyone that may have a costume that we could borrow for a day or two while in Holland this spring could you let me know? I think he'd fit into 12 months. I would love a little Volendam one, since that was the one I wore when I danced in high school, but I am really not picky seeing as I am asking to borrow one!
Okay now onto more general news about the Phillips life.
--Joel and I had a nice dinner last night (with Kyper) for our anniversary. We made ribs and they were delicious. Joel got me some flowers--5 beautiful tulips. I think tulips are my favorite flower and I love the color he got me. They actually remind me a lot of our wedding colors. Pictures below. Don't worry, we will have some just Joel and Julie time...next weekend. We are going to a Bed and Breakfast about two hours from home for a night next weekend. It will be fun to get away for a night. Joel's parents are coming out this way to watch Kyper.
--We are going to get a zoo membership with the last bit of our Christmas money. We live 10 minutes from the zoo! A year membership for Joel and I will be $55. To get into the zoo without a membership costs at least $10 a person, so even if just I go with Kyper (kids are free until age 2) at least 6 times it is worth it. Since, the zoo is only 10 minutes away, I imagine we will go more often. It will be a fun place to walk and explore. I imagine that Kyper is a little too young to really get the full experience, but he loves to go for walks and just look around him. Our neighborhood is safe to take walks in, but I think it would be fun to walk around the zoo and it will provide a change of scenery. Also, a lot of my friends from church have memberships, so it can easily be a play date close to my house! :) I'm excited.
--I am waiting patiently to hear about a job at my church that I applied for and interviewed for in the end of January. I am excited about it, so pray that I get it. There were a few delays along the way that I am not going to put on the blog. I know I am one of the top two candidates. I am not sure if I even blogged about this. I won't go into the job description, but know that I am excited about the job based on the description and it is up my alley. Another reason I am excited is that it is only 10 hours a week and many of those hours will be done when Joel is home or from home. So, I don't have to give up being at home with Kyper and I wouldn't have to worry too much about child care. And lets be honest, a small income would be nice to help pay a few of our bills.
--I should be getting some grant work from my friend in IA. I am excited to help her and get into some grant writing.
--Joel is on his neurology rotation and loves it! He really can see himself doing this type of work in the future. Pray that he makes a good impression on the people at the program. He is planning on applying for their residency program and it is one of the best. :)
--I have been loving the weather! I have gone on walks the past 5 days! It is a beautiful thing. Kyper loves them as well. It is a little dreary here today, but it is suppose to be 62 degrees!! Heat wave!

1 comment:
I saw you were drinking the Dry Creek wine!! Did you like it? 5 years is amazing! We are so happy for you guys. Enjoy your weekend away next weekend!
Love,
Katie and JP
Post a Comment