Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

5 years!


Today marks my 5th wedding anniversary to my best friend. Joel is amazing and I am so happy that we are together. I am excited to spend many more years with him and excited to face the adventures God has in store for us and our family.God has blessed me through Joel. Joel makes me a better person. In honor of 5 years, I am going to tell you 5 things that I love about Joel.

1. He is so good about balancing his work and family time. Medical school takes a lot of time and effort. Joel works hard at this and does his studying. However, he also realizes that relationships and family takes time and effort. He does a good job at putting in the time and effort with our relationship too.
2. He is funny. He loves puns and loves acting goofy. I love the way he makes me laugh and smile. His smile has to be one of the best things in the world that I get to see almost everyday. His laugh is one of the best things I hear everyday!
3. He is a great father. I love hearing him talk to Kyper and love seeing him play with Kyper. I always knew he would be, but he has exceeded my expectations. I have to brag here...when Kyper was getting up every few hours as a newborn, Joel got up each time to help--he is a great diaper changer. He had it down, so that he was back in bed after 6 minutes. I'm so glad that Joel and I get to be parents together.
4. He supports and encourages me like no one else. He always has my best interests in mind. He supports my goals and gets excited with me over things I am passionate about. I know he loves me with all his heart.
5. He is a man of God. He does devotions in the morning and spends time with God. I love seeing that. He is a great Christian leader of our household.

I love you, Joel! I am so thankful God has blessed us with 5 years of wonderful marriage and I can't wait for many more!

No comments: