Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Introducing...

Kyper Simon Phillips
Born at 2:34 pm on July 14
6 lbs and 8.3 oz.
18.5 inches long
Has a little dark hair
We love everything about him!








I am sure there will be more pictures to come and more of the story.

One story I do want to tell is how he got his name. We chose it early on in the pregnancy. Kyper comes from the Dutch Theologian Abraham Kuyper (We took out the u, to make it more like a first name and so people could pronounce it better). Simon is my paternal grandfather's first name. Hence, Kyper Simon.

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mmmmmm Beautiful!!! Julie, he already looks like you!!
Congratulations - love to the Phillips family!

Anne-Marie said...

Congratulations! He is a doll! Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little fellow! Congratulations!

the driy's said...

congratulations! he's adorable!!

Kari :o) said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable!! yay!

JP and Katie said...

We're so happy for you! What a wonderful blessing from God! We can't wait to meet our nephew!

Amy DeYoung said...

Congratulations!! What a handsome cousin Jay has ;) Hard to imagine with how amazing it already is, but it only gets better :) We are sooo very excited for you all. Much love - Paul, Amy, & Jay

Debbi said...

yay!!!! he looks perfect, hope you are recovering well! can't wait to hear more!

Melanie said...

I wish I could come see him!

{Erica} said...

Congratulations! Love the name and the story behind it.

Rebecca B said...

He's so precious!!

Tammy D said...

Congrats! He is such a doll. We are so excited for you!

Christia said...

Congratulations! So exciting!!! He's a doll!

Erin said...

Congrats! He is so cute! And he came early!!

Renee C said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful! Hope all of you are doing well.

Unknown said...

We are so happy for you and Kyper! He's adorable and we are glad you had him early for us so we could see him and meet him (tee hee!).

God's blessings on you in parenthood and all the memories that will be!!

~ Rick & Monique

Josh C said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you both. I love the name and the story behind it.