Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Adventures in Ferndale

So after many exhausting days of traveling and visiting families we arrived at our home on Saturday. Not that we didn't have fun introducing Kyper to family, but I was ready to be home. Joel moved out things to our rental home in Detroit early July, so he had seen the house, but I hadn't. All I had was some pictures to go from. We are still settling in. I think we have done pretty good considering we have a newborn. I am thankful that Joel's brother and sister-in-law are coming for the weekend--we are going to put them to work. My hope is we can have the house organized before Joel starts rotations on Monday. Otherwise, I have a fear that it will not get done until he is on a vacation--which is a long time from now. Debbi requested more pictures and I know my family wants some more too. So, without further ado I give you Kyper's first days in Ferndale.

Kyper fast asleep in Dad's arms.

Kyper is about the size of the bear Joel gave me for our very first Christmas together (we are talking 9 years ago!) Actually, if Kyper wouldn't be swaddled, Kyper is longer than the bear. But, look the bear's head is bigger.

Family Photo Session!
Before Joel starts his first rotation--psych--he needs to read some. So, Kyper decided to join him or maybe I should say we thought it may put him to sleep. :)
Kyper took his first trip to Meijers the other day. He also went to the doctor today. He is now 20 inches tall and 6 lbs, 14 oz. Whoohoo. He must be getting what he needs, since he is over his birth weight now. :) He is really a very good baby. He still sleeps the majority of the day, but he is starting to have more awake and alert times after he eats. God is really good. He gave us a very good baby. He must have known that Joel and I had enough stress to add a very fussy and colicky baby to the mix. So far (and we are praying this continues) Kyper goes to bed around 11:30-midnight and sleeps until 3:30-4:30am. He eats and then goes back to bed until 7 or 8am. Needless to say, we are thankful. I know we will have tough nights, but it is nice to start out on this note.

I need to take some time to talk about Joel. I knew when I married him that Joel would be an amazing husband and an amazing father someday and I was right. Joel is a rock star dad! He has been the best and I am sure he will continue to be. He has been so helpful with everything. Although, he joked that he was not going to change any diapers--he has probably changed the majority of them so far. He gets up at night and does the diaper changes before I feed Kyper. He is amazing! I am sure this will change once he starts rotations--believe me I understand why. Although, I have learned something about Joel since starting this journey called medical school, which is reassuring to me and why I know we can make it through the next two years. He is very good at balancing school with home life! He may not always have a lot of time for us, but he will make time and use the time he does have in a way that helps our relationship and family. This is why I am not worried about the next two years. I know he will do everything he can to make sure he has time for me and Kyper all the while still doing his best in school. He is amazing! People are going to be so blessed to have him as their doctor someday and I am blessed to call him my husband and a dad to my baby boy.

Okay, it is time for Kyper to eat and Joel just put a load of clean laundry by me that should be folded. (Don't worry I have my priorities--laundry and then Kyper right? haha.)

PS If you want our new address please contact me and I can get it to you.

4 comments:

bethany said...

Julie, I think one reason you and Joel are so great together is the way you express your appreciation for each other. I hope to take this lesson into my own marriage. You are both really wonderful people, and I'm sure excellent parents.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie and Joel!

Congratulations Joel on passing the boards! We knew you could do it! :)

God is amazing God; and I can tell he has bless each one of you! I can't believe Kyper has changed so much in couple of weeks! Thanks for posting those pictures up for us! I'll give you a call sometime this weekend...hopefully, around Sunday afternoon or otherwise next week! Take care!

Miss ya!
Anne-Michelle

Anonymous said...

Joel & Julie,
Love following your blog and watching little Kyper grow. (This way I'll kinda know what to expect until I see him in person. :)

Chris D.V.
Congrats, he is so precious!! You make great parents!

Lil said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful Family. Congratulations, well done Yahoooo! We are rejoicing with you.