Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Joy-Filled Heart


Above are my sister's kids. Nick is a model--the minute I got the camera out he posed for me. Elizabeth never really stops moving. Nate was the lucky one that got to go to the parade with Grandpa, Aunt Julie, and Uncle Jeff.

Below are my brother's youngest two girls. Peyton is in the pictures on the top and Sydney is the one pictured in the bottom row. Sydney is going through a princess stage. She was wearing a blue tutu/princess skirt over top of her pants and a crown each time I saw her during the weekend. David even said that she sleeps with her crown on. Funny! Nate and Syd got a lot of candy at the parade, so she is showing me and protecting her pile in the bottom left picture. :)


This past weekend I got the opportunity to go home to Zeeland, MI. It was so needed. My pastor and his wife, Winnie, have a daughter who lives in Holland, MI (right next door to Zeeland). Heidi, their daughter, was getting installed as a pastor at a local church. So, Winnie went to that and I got to ride to MI with her. (Joel had to stay in Des Moines to study for a big test he had on Monday.) We had an enjoyable ride there and back. It was the first time I ever listened to any audio books while traveling. It was wonderful. I always thought I would fall asleep, but the story kept me awake and it made the time go fast. (We listened to some of my favorite series--The Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Horse and his Boy and we made it 1/3 of the way into The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.)

I didn't do a whole lot all weekend, which is just what I needed. I just got to spend lots of time with my family. Including seeing all of my nieces and nephews. The only one I didn't get a picture of is Mariah. I had fun at the Pumpkin Parade with them and eating pizza with all of them afterwards. I also got to spend some time with my Grandma VanFarowe and my Grandpa and Grandma Koning. It was just a good time to see my family and spend a little quality time with them.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I miss the pumpkin parade!!! Do they still have the huge Pumpkin that someone rides a bike inside that blinks as it goes down the street? Did you know a drove a tractor in it when I was in 8th grade? It rained and was really really cold.

Melanie said...

I totally forgot that you went home over the weekend or I would have asked you at the MK party about it. Sorry!Sounds like you had a good time. I wish I could go home for a few days too. I'll call you if I end up going to volleyball. Well actually I'll talk to you either way.

Cohrs Compilations said...

My husband really likes listening to stories on tape too while driving. He used to enjoy the Adventures in Odyssey by Focus on the Family as a child and when we used to drive back and forth to college late at night-it helped keep us awake. They're great on long car rides. I recommend James Herriot. he has books but he's an author that is English and was a vet in farm country and has crazy/hilarious stories. I think the stories are also Christian. I have great memories listening to them in the car on family vacations as a child and my husband and I listened to them on our own vacation a couple years ago and got into them.

Christia said...

I'm so glad you were able to go home! I totally wish I could go home for a few days :)