Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hat Trick: Miraculous Recovery or Hockey Season?

If you remember a while ago I stated that Hat Trick was on a diet, because he had gotten fat. Well, come to find out he wasn't fat. He was sick. He had a bacterial infection that caused him to bloat. He looked like he had a balloon growing in him. It was tempting to take a pin to it and see if he popped. But, I didn't do that, don't worry. It was also very translucent, so when the sun hit it, it would shine through. (We don't have any great pictures, but I hope you can imagine this). Once we found out that he was sick, he decided to feed him again. However, we read that it was unlikely that he would recover. Therefore, we were waiting for him to die. Is there Hospice care for fish?

But, the story of our fish has not ended. It seems like Hat Trick is getting better. The bulge has shrunken. Now, I have two theories. First, it is probably good that we started feeding him again and that we started changing the water more often. That is probably the more realistic reason. However, I would like to believe he rallied back to life and good health because the Red Wings needed him! He started getting better around the same time Hockey season kicked into full gear. I think he was just depressed that there wasn't any hockey happening over the summer. Now, he is almost back to himself. (Hopefully.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does this mean that God has predestined and elected the Redwings too?