I had to work one weekend in October and missed the fire department outing, sad. Joel's parents came out with his grandma the same weekend, so they took the kids to the Fire Department. The fire department had all kinds of fun activities and lessons about fire safety. He got to try out the hose, see a fire truck up close, make a 9-1-1 call, and eat hot dogs. He also saw a ton of his friends there.
Halloween was the next big event:
The 28th we carved and painted pumpkins. No pictures.
On the 31st, a local church held a trunk and treat event. It was perfect, because they moved it inside due to the crummy weather. The bonus is that this is the church that Ya Ya attends--Ya Ya is the kids' daycare provider, so they knew someone handing out the candy. Kyper dressed up as a penguin and Anja was a lady bug. No money was spent on costumes! For Kyper's costume I borrowed a black turtleneck and black pants. Another friend had left over white felt I could use to cut an oval out of for the penguin's front. I attached the white felt with safety pins. I found an old black t-shirt and cut out some wings for under his arms. I also borrowed a chicken costume, which had orange pants and bird feet. I put the black dress pants over top and ta-da, black penguin legs with orange webbed feet. To top it off (no pun intended) I borrowed a penguin hat from another friend. Got to love my MOPS community and costume exchanges, because Anja got her lady bug costume from a costume exchange I did with our MOPS group.
The trunk and treat was a lot of fun and it was so nice not to go door to door in the rain. After going around the truck to the candy stations, they had a cookie decorating table, hot dogs, and some games in the basement. The also had a story time, which Kyper enjoyed.
When we got home, we did o to the immediate next door neighbors so they could see the kids. Then we headed inside and handed out one bag of candy to the last of the trick or treaters. Up until that afternoon I wasn't sure we'd be able to as our porch light wasn't working. But, the handyman came and fixed our light, so Kyper got to have fun handing candy out for a little bit. He had just as much fun handing candy out as he did collecting it. Actually, I had gotten 4 bags of candy originally, but sold 3 bags to a friend when our porch light wasn't working, when I saw the weather report, and when we finalized going out. So, we went through the one bag I had kept, Kyper was so disappointed that he offered to give some of his candy to the trick or treaters. What a great kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment