Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Visitors in February

JP, Katie and James came to Michigan in February.  It was fun to have them out here even though we didn't get to spend as much time together as we originally hoped due to sickness. 

They drove out on a Friday and spent the night in Detroit.  I got to spend a little time with them, but I had a conference in Kalamazoo that weekend for coffee break, so they actually babysat until Joel got home.
Cousins

 I heard they had a good shrimp dinner that night.  On Saturday, Joel, Kyper, Anja, JP, Katie and James made the trek in the snowy weather to Holland.  The boys and Leah did a little winter beach hiking.

Mountain climber


Sliding down a iceberg

Tia Leah and Kyper in an ice cave



My conference ended in the afternoon on Saturday, so I drove from Kalamazoo to Holland to join them for the evening.  Aren and Leah cooked us a delicious meal of deep dish pizza at their house.  (congrats on home ownership guys!) Anja and James had bath time.  They were also introduced to Henry the bunny--videos at the end of the post.
Bath time--James liked the extra big cup
Sunday morning, we went to church with Aren and Leah and then my family of four headed to my parents for Sunday dinner.  Joel headed back to Detroit to study for his program exam and I stayed at my parents for an extra day.  My mom had the day off--it was President's day.  So, we just spent the day there and around bedtime I headed back to Detroit.  It was prefect since Joel was on call anyway, so we got home around the same time he got off from work.

No comments: