Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

More craftiness

Our Christian school hosted a craft day for women in February.  I went for a few hours and finished my anniversary and birthday calendar.  (We had gotten one of these for our wedding, but it fell into dirty dish water and there were a few birthdays that I really didn't need on it anymore.)

So here are some pictures of my new one.  I had a lot of fun making it and am deciding if it would be something fun to make and try to sell on etsy or something, thoughts?

To make it, I figures out how to use download fun and free fonts to use in Word.  I decided to do this on the craft day, because I basically used my friends' scraps from scrap booking to add a little flare to each month.





Used a little ring to keep it together

One of my favorites
Another craft I am still currently working on--I need to get staples for our staple gun and then it will be done in just a few short minutes.

I went to goodwill the other day on the sole mission to get a old picture that I liked the frame of.  I found one and used a 25% off coupon--hurray for coupons to thrift stores.  I then took the picture and the glass out and sanded the frame.  It started as silver and I first thought about just antiquing it.  But, I didn't like the way it looked.  So, I got some black spray paint and painted it.  It was fun.  I plan on stapling some strings from side to side on it, so I can clip pictures on it.  I found a great deal on mini clothespins at Meijer.  I hope to fit almost all our Christmas card pictures on it.  I like to save the pictures that our friends and families send--I cut just the picture out and then put them on the fridge normally.  I just got a little sick of them on my fridge and I felt like it just looked cluttered.  Therefore-my new project.  Sorry I didn't take before pictures of the frame.  But here are some pictures of it in progress.
The antiqued look--all I did was sand it.

the whole frame-black

A close up look

No comments: