What to do with 13 days off? Well, we knew we were going to visit Holland for some of it. We had been planning on going the second half of the week, but that changed when we saw the weather! Michigan has had a beautiful week of 80 degree weather. Therefore, we headed to Holland last week Thursday night.
Here is some bullet points of what we did each day.
FRIDAY:
-Joel and I searched the thrift stores for a dresser for Tator Tot. (We didn't find one, but that same night a friend posted on Facebook about a dresser they were giving away for free--we snapped that one up.)
-Joel and his mom went to the beach while I stayed back during Kyper's nap.
-We went out to dinner with Joel's parents, brother and sister-in-law and grandma to celebrate his dad's 60th birthday.
-After dinner we headed to the Ferrysburg pier. Joel, his dad, his brother and sister-in-law stayed behind to photograph Jupiter and Venus.
SATURDAY:
- Breakfast with my brother and sister-in-law.
-Joel played tennis with his dad while his mom, Kyper and I watched.
-Naps
-Went to the state park with Joel's parents
| Bathing suit, bare trees and snow fences. Weird March weather. |
| 33 weeks |
-Hit the hot tub at Aren and Leah's and then had a fire.
SUNDAY:
- Church with my parents
-Frederik Meijer Gardens to see the butterflies and children gardens with my parents, nephews, and niece.
-Hung out at my parents and saw all of my family.
MONDAY:
-Kyper stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Phillips for the day
-Joel and I took a day trip to Ludington. It was a lot of fun. We walked the city pier, grabbed lunch and ate it at the State Park. Joel then proceeded to hike to Big Sable Lighthouse (it was too much of a hike for me at this point). I just did a little shopping downtown Ludington. After we met back up, we went to the cottage at Big Star Lake. We grabbed a frozen dinner, walked on the beach and Joel even took a really quick dip.
TUESDAY:
-Kyper and I had a playdate with my friend Renee and her two girls. She also gave us both haircuts.
-Joel had coffee with a friend and headed to the beach with his mom.
-Kyper and I spent the afternoon at my parents and I got dinner prepped for my mom.
-We were supposed to head to my grandparents with dinner, but my grandma was admitted to the hospital. Instead, my other grandma came to my parents' for dinner.
WEDNESDAY:
-Visited my grandma at the hospital.
-Ran some errands
-Joel and Kyper went on a bug hunt
-Had dinner at Pizza Ranch with friends.
![]() |
| My friend Tricia and I are a week apart. |
-Headed home
Up next: Stay-cation. The last few days of Joel's vacation were spent at home (well and then back for a quick trip to Holland to meet our newest niece, but I already posted about that. :))



No comments:
Post a Comment