Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Tator Tot's new blanket

I came home from running errands one morning to find a fed-ex box on my porch.  It was very exciting, since I wasn't expecting anything.  I hadn't ordered anything online lately, so it took me by surprise.  (Another fun thing about the package was that it was addressed to Dr. and Mrs. Phillips....I love that my husband is finally Dr. Phillips!)

Okay, I am sure you may be dying to know what was in the package--oh, the title of my post gave it away?  :)

Yes, technically the package wasn't for either Joel or I.  It was for Tator Tot.  Inside was a beautifully hand-knit blanket, newborn hat, and nice note.  Joel's parents lived in Jackson before Joel was born.  His mom made a very good friend there named Liz.  I have never met Liz, but I have heard about her.  Liz and Joel's mom still stay in touch and Liz is a very good knitter.  I know she is far superior than me, not to mention much much faster.  Ha--I am still working on a scarf I started when I was first pregnant with Kyper, so 2009.  Liz knit both Katie and JP's baby a blanket and Tator Tot a blanket.  It means a lot to both Joel and I that she made this for our precious little baby. You can't tell from the pictures, but it is incredibly soft!  Here are the pictures:


1 comment:

Katrina @ Pics, Pages & Purls said...

very nice...what pattern stitch is it? Or can you find out what Liz did with it. How you feeling...you getting reading to have little Tator Tot?