Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas

Christmas Eve and Christmas day were pretty quiet around here.  Joel had to work Christmas eve at 8pm into Christmas morning.  We didn't see any extended family and stayed put in our own home.  We missed seeing our families, but it was so nice to have a relaxing holiday with just my little family in our own home.

On Christmas Eve we attended our church's Christmas eve service.  It was a really nice service.  Joel headed to work and Kyper and I slept.

Christmas morning, Kyper and I went to our church service where I had nursery duty. Joel actually got home about the same time we were leaving for church.  We just missed each other.  He slept while we were gone.  We woke him up after church and then did stockings.
What else is in there?

He got an owl ornament in his stocking.
 We all took naps that afternoon.  Joel slept the longest--makes sense since he was up the whole night working. :)  While Joel and Kyper were snoozing, I started making the traditional steak dinner.  I grew up having my immediate family's celebration on Christmas Eve.  My mom always made a really nice steak dinner, therefore I want to keep that tradition alive. :)  It is delicious!
Kyper and I enjoying the steak dinner
Aren't we mean parents, we didn't open gifts until after supper on Christmas night. :)  Kyper didn't seem to mind!  
"Cheese!"

I got Joel this bacon t-shirt.  He loves it. :)

This by far was Kyper's favorite gift from us!  This was Joel's old Brio train set. 

No comments: