Well, we tried it and found success. On Friday night, I convinced Joel to help me rearrange/switch the two rooms. I know--pretty lame Friday night huh?
Well, here are the before shots:
The Bedroom
The after shots: (sorry it isn't the best lighting, but you get the idea.)The office or as I like to call it now our den.

If you remember from a previous post last August, we have a three bedroom house. The thing is to get to the third room you have to go through the second room. We originally had our bed in the second room and used the third room as a giant closet and office area. I really like the new setup for a few reasons. First, I never really realized it until we moved our bed, but our bed seemed to be in a hallway. Now, I feel like we have an actual bedroom. Second, Joel used the office room to study, but really that room was unused for anything else except storage.
The more I thought about it since our bedroom was on the way to the office it probably wouldn't get used. Now, I feel like we use the space better. Along with that point comes my third reason. Third, there is more room for Kyper to play in our home. Before, we just had a small living room and his bedroom. Now, he can also go in that room and has a little more floor space to play on/explore. I don't think he would have ever played in the office before. Finally, we have more floor space this way. We had all the dressers in the third room and just our bed in the second room. Now, we have a dresser and a bed in our bedroom and the rest of the furniture in the second room. So, we have more floor space, because we have the furniture more spread out between the rooms.



1 comment:
I'm so glad you figured that out! It makes a lot of sense-isn't it nice to rearrange a place and feel like you have a new house? :)
Happy for you!
Post a Comment