Well, it just so happens that this year we were invited to 5 weddings in August and September. Plus, Joel had a bachelor party he needed to go to. The last three weekends have brought us back to West Michigan. First, we celebrated with Scott and Stephanie! We had fun. It was Kyper's first wedding. He decided to make it a memorable one, by having a huge blowout in his diaper that landed on his dad's shirt and pants. So, Joel went to the reception in khaki shorts, a grey t-shirt and flip flops. Here is a picture of the happy couple:
The second weekend in August we celebrated with my cousin Travis and his new wife Melissa. Nothing to memorable happened here--well expect we let Kyper out of our sights for about an hour or two during the reception. Grandma and Grandpa Phillips babysat. This is the same weekend we went to the cottage. Sorry, no pictures this post--look below for a post specifically about the cottage with pictures.
Last weekend, we headed back so Joel could go to Tim's bachelor party. Joel is standing up for Tim, so he really wanted to make it to the party. I wasn't planning on going, but I figures why not come along. I hung out with my parents while Joel was at the party and relaxed. Joel also was able to help his younger brother and sister-in-law pack. (They moved to Milwaukee.) We actually ended up staying an extra night so we could head to the beach. It was so windy that night! Below are some pictures from the weekend:
Burning couch and groom (Tim's bachelor party= guns, pig roast, and fire--what else?!)
Family Picture--sorry you can't see Kyper, he is there. It was too windy to have him out in the open, so we covered him in blankets!
Kyper's first trip to Captain Sundae--too bad he couldn't have anything. I am sure there will be many more trips though!
We have a two week break where we do not need to go to West Michigan. What are our families going to do without us coming home?! :) (We have a wedding we were invited to on September 5--Joel's cousin, but we are not going to make it. It is in Traverse City and that would be a long drive. Plus, Joel doesn't know what his schedule is going to be like, because he starts a new rotation next week.)
So, September 11, we will be driving on the road again to celebrate with Tim and Melanie. (Yes, the wedding Joel is in.) Then the next week, Kyper and I are going to celebrate with my cousin Kevin and his soon-to-be wife. Wow! I thought we were getting out of the wedding stage. Apparently not yet. That's okay. I enjoy going to weddings.
The cool thing is that both my cousins--Travis and Kevin are my age. We grew up together, so it is exciting to celebrate with them. Travis, Kevin, and I went all the way from preschool to high school together. Actually, Kevin and I went from preschool to graduate school together. (We both went to Calvin for undergrad and then went right from there to U of M--different programs--to get our master level degree.) Isn't that crazy. I would post a cute picture of the three of us when we were little, but it is at my parents and not scanned into the computer.
We are going to end our weekend travels the last weekend in September with a small family get-a-away at my grandparent's cottage. Joel has always wanted to go in the fall and we are going to make it happen this year. It will just be the three of us, so that should be fun. Joel has that weekend free--no studying--because he will be in between rotations.
Needless to say, I feel we have earned the title of Weekend Road Warriors with all this traveling. Fortunately, Kyper still sleeps most of the time and he is a pretty good baby. I am not sure if we are setting him up to hate traveling or love traveling with all this car riding he is doing. I guess we will see what happens. :)

1 comment:
I love the picture of the pier! And of course, the one at Captain Sundae...Kyper has some good ice cream awaiting him when he's older. Say congrats to Jeff and Jen for us!
Post a Comment