Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break in Michigan

We had a fun time in MI over Joel's spring break. We did some business and did some fun things. We were in MI for 5 days. In the middle of those 5 days we traveled to Detroit to look for housing. We weren't too excited in the beginning of the day, but at about 5 we found the perfect house to rent. We will be renting from a couple from our church in Dearborn. It is a perfect situation for all involved! (If you want to see pictures contact me and I can get you to a website that gives you a virtual tour.) So the days before and after Detroit were spent with family. Here are several pictures from that time.

This is one of Joel's favorites: Henry (Aren and Leah's bunny) meeting cousin Blueberry.

Here is a picture of just Henry.

The lovely Phillips Family: Aren, Leah and Henry

New stairs on Mt. Pisgah (Joel proposed on top of this dune!)

Joel and I on the new Heinz boardwalk

These are the Heinz pickle vats--they are huge!

The Heinz Pickle Factory

Lovely Lake Michigan Waves

Joel took lots of pictures of ice on the pier...here is one where you can see his mom and I.

Joel wanted a profile picture. I didn't realize his main goal was to get Blueberry in a picture with Big Red.

Joel, Aren and his dad went to the beach and found a coconut--yes a coconut on a great lake beach.

Joel surfing.

Aren dune jumping.

A pretty flower in my in-law's yard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I am trying to catch up in the blogging world...CONGRATS on being pregnant! How exciting! How are you feeling?

It sounded like you guys had a nice spring break. I swear it went by so fast. Are you guys still living in Maple Grove?? I swear I never see you anymore!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe that you published Heinz pics! I guess that is something about Holland that I take for granted... Vats of pickles!

Melanie said...

I'm kind of sad that they put stairs in at Mt. Pisgah, but I guess it is better than losing the dune altogether. My Calvin prof. did a study showing that the dune was falling.