Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Airport Pick-up

I know I still need to post pictures from camping and about our week in Michigan. (Hopefully, the pictures will be on here tonight.) But, I needed to tell you a short story about my flight home to IA.

I flew from Grand Rapids, MI to Milwaukee on Sunday evening. When I got to Milwaukee, I learned that my flight was delayed by two hours, which meant instead of getting in at 11pm, I would arrive around 1 am. I proceeded to call Mo, who was suppose to pick me up. I did not want her to have to pick me up so late, since I knew she had to work at 9 am. (I did too, but why have 2 people really miserable the next day due to lack of sleep.) So, I first called AM to see if she was in town. She is a teacher and off for the summer, therefore she could sleep in. However, she was in Northwest IA. She then told me that I should call Rick and Monique, since Rick can make his own schedule and sleep in as well the next morning. That's what I did. Rick was very kind and agreed to pick me up. I called him when we were boarding the plane (midnight). He told me that he'd get there around 1 am and drive around until I came out, since you can't park outside anymore. I asked what his car looked like. He stated it was a tan Saturn. I asked for any other distinguishing features and he was like nope and it will be 1 in the morning, so you should be able to find me easily. I walk out of the airport and see a tan Saturn so I walk up to it. Remember that it is dark and late. I couldn't see the person in the car very well, but I knew it was a male and had short dark hair like Rick, so I waved and opened the back car door to put my bag in. To my surprise this man was not Rick. I just said "Sorry wrong car" and closed the door. Rick pulled up right after this. Needless to say it was funny.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

I was laughing all night after you told me this. So glad you blogged it. Wade thought it was great too!

A and C said...

haha! oh, julie...