Now, you may say there is nothing funny about the weekend, but let me tell you a little story about what happened when we went out to eat at Drake Diner on Saturday night. We had all gotten some pretty good meals, but we knew to save room for their shakes/malts. Joel and I ordered a strawberry chocolate shake to spilt. Joel poured our shakes and we started to enjoy them. I got to the bottom of my cup and saw something that looked a little out of place. It didn't look like a chunk of strawberry because it wasn't red. I wondered if it was an ice cube, but that isn't a typical sight for a shake either. Here is what I found: 

If you can't tell that is a bolt. Yes, there was a bolt in my shake. So, we got our waitress' attention. Don't worry we were all laughing and making jokes about it, so we weren't upset. But, we thought they should know what I had found. So, we told her about the bolt and gave it back to her. She came back to our table a few minutes later. First, she told us that our shake was free. Second, she told us that when she brought the bolt back to the kitchen, the guys were like "hey that is the piece we need to fix the machine." We got quite a good laugh out of this. Then we joked about how my dad could get rid of all the spare bolts, screws and nails in his workshop plus get free food. Haha. Joel's joke for the day is: "All in all we got screwed." Haha.
There you have it my funny story that happened to me. By the way, if you are worried. The tornado warning has passed and we are safe. There are a few more storms that are south of us, so hopefully nothing happens with those. But, we have the radar on the Internet, the weather radio from Debbi and the TV on to warn us about anything else. Here is a picture of me blogging from the closet. (Hey, blogging is keeping my mind off the storms, so I am not as nervous.)

2 comments:
i HATE storms. we had a really bad one two nights ago and were under a tornado watch last night. would you tell your state to get it under control? please and thank you!
(glad you are safe!)
I can't believe you posted from your closet! How great! Glad that the radio is of good use (and kinda glad that I'm not there!) If you go look in my hall closet there is a little rubbermaid bin and it has flashlights and a wind up radio and some glow sticks - take and and put it in your closet so next time you can at least have light to play cards! :)
Post a Comment