Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Kyper turns FIVE!

The days are long, but the years are short.  I've heard that quote and I really do believe it.  Because, yes sometimes the day is long and I am counting down the hours until kids are in bed and I can relax in peace (or get something done without them tearing it apart 2 seconds later.)  But, man the years do fly by.  Somehow 5 years have passed since I first became a mom.  I am really not sure where the time has gone.  My baby boy isn't so much a baby anymore.  He is a big boy who is five and will be going to school all day every day starting this September.  Yes, some days are long and he can really test me.  But I wouldn't trade him for anything.  Kyper is a joy.  He is an amazing little man.  He is social and most often kind.  He is smart and asks a lot of questions.  He is a great big brother.  He loves Jesus.  Yup, I am going to repeat myself.  He is a joy!

We couldn't let this big of birthday go by without some sort of celebration.  So, we decided to go all out and celebrate it 3 times!

We happened to be in west Michigan the weekend before his birthday, so my mom graciously hosted a birthday party for him for family and some friends from Dearborn that just moved to West Michigan.   Kyper had a ton of fun seeing his best bud Frank at Grandpa and Grandma's house and he had a ton of fun with his cousins.

Frank and Kyper jumping on the tramp.  Frank is Kyper's best friend from Dearborn, but Frank and hi family moved to West Michigan this summer.  Good thing we go and visit quite a bit.






On his actually birthday, a Monday, I switched days and Joel ended up having off so we got to spend the whole day with him letting him choose the activities.  He and Joel went out to get donuts in the morning for his birthday breakfast.  I know, breakfast of champions right there.  After breakfast, we got ready for the day.  The first item on the agenda was to pick out some decorations for his upcoming friend birthday party.  After that, we headed to the zoo.  We got home mid-afternoon and let Anja have quiet time.  After Anja's quiet time, Kyper got to open presents from us.  He played with his new train tracks for while and then we had his favorite meal--ham and broccoli alfredo.  After dinner, we had cupcakes.  (We ended up buying them at the store since I didn't want to have to bake 2 cakes, one for the actual day and one for his party with friends.)  That was basically the day, he went to bed early since he woke up early and was so busy the whole day.







The Saturday after his birthday, we had a party with some of his friends from school and church.  We had 6 kids total, so it wasn't super crazy!  I have to give a major shout out to Joel for the creative side of this party.  Joel's mom sent us a pirate game many months ago, so I saved it and figured that could be the theme.  I found the sailboat cake on pinterest and the walk the plank game.  But, that is really all I did.  Joel came up with a treasure hunt--a cool map and clues--that ended up in the garage aka the cave.  Kyper wanted a pinata, and we were able to find a treasure chest.  Joel created the waterfall feature by the walk the plank game by tying a watering can into the tree and running the hose up there.  He also made our fire pit into a volcano.  The kids loved that and actually asked him to do it again later on.  The joy of baking soda and vinegar bubbling out of a bottle!  Joel also came up with coconut bowling (apparently he did it when he was younger.)  Joel really directed the party and I ended up taking the pictures and on Anja duty.  What a great dad!  (Although, he did tell me that I am in charge of the girl parties.)












  Happy birthday to my favorite Kyperman!

No comments: