My spunky, feisty and beautiful little girl is already 2! She turned two on April 22. We got to celebrate her birthday with Grandpa and Grandma Koning the weekend of Easter. It was fun to have family visit us a for a holiday instead of us traveling to them.
We didn't do anything big or spectacular for Anja's birthday, but she did get some cake and some gifts.
Some thoughts about Anja:
Anja at 2 is a spunky little peanut. She is small--only weighs about 23 lbs, but her size doesn't stop her. When she was first born, we had to remind Kyper to be gentle, but now it is often the opposite. We need to tell her to be gentle with him. She is quick and pretty much fearless. For instance, I take the kids swimming about once a month at a community recreation center. She just walks right into the water and is still smiling when she is up to her chin in the pool.
She doesn't have too many words, but understands almost anything I say. She and Kyper have a great relationship--it is rare when they do not get along. But, I have a feeling that in a few years she will be the one leading the charge to do the naughty things. :)
She likes to take things apart--I can't even trust her with board books in her crib as I come in to find them pealed about.
She is still a great sleeper, but not always when it comes to naps. She goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:30 and then will sleep until at least 7, but can sleep past 8. Unlike Kyper when she goes to bed later, she sleeps later. Love it! Naps on the other hand do not always happen and I have let the fact that it bothers me go a little bit. She still does quiet time, but sometimes I hear her chatting away in the crib the whole time. On the days she doesn't end up sleeping during quiet time she does go to bed early.
She is hit and miss with eating. She isn't a great eater, but at least she still gains weight. She is still on whole milk and I'm pretty sure that is where she gets most of her calories for the day. I've been debating about switching to 2% in hopes she may actually eat some of her calories. :) Although, she does have a sweet tooth, so if I offer her a treat she readily accepts it.
She is such a beautiful and strong little girl. I thank God everyday for the blessing of Anja Rose.
Through the years:
Happy birthday Anja Rose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment