Joel had off on Saturday. It is absolutely wonderful when he has a day off, I especially like days off where we really don't have to travel anywhere. We were both able to sleep in until 8:00am. Kyper did wake up at 7:30, but we just turned a cartoon on for him and got him an easy breakfast and headed back to bed for a half hour.
Have I bragged about my baby, yet. No, okay then I will. (Skip ahead if you could care less.) She seriously slept through the night on day one. (I count 4/5 hours stretches through the night at the beginning.) Well, she has now gotten into the routine of bedtime between 7 and 8 and sleeps until 8 on most days. She is 75% for height and 50% for weight at about 14 lbs. She is a very calm baby for the most part and has just recently started really giggling. I love that sound. Besides a little heartbeat, giggle of a baby has to be one of the best sounds ever. I don't care who you are, mom or not, dad or not, the giggling of a baby has to make your heart melt just a little. :) She is a super star nurser, which is a much better experience the 2nd time around. (In my humble opinion it is because I am way less stressed this time and she was able to start way sooner after delivery than Kyper did.) I'll leave that subject at that. We just started her on rice cereal and are now increasing it to 2 meals a day and in a few more weeks she will probably get it in the morning as well and get her first taste of fruits and vegetables.
Now, I feel like I maybe should give an update on Kyper too. (again, skip ahead if you could care less, I know sometimes mommy blogs are boring to those not related.) He is growing up before my eyes. He now goes to Children's worship during church and Story Hour on Wednesdays during Coffee Break, not nursery which is just free play. He is getting used to the structure and I hear from the teachers that he does really well, although dropping him off is sometimes another story. He is going through a little clingy phase--at least I hope it is a phase. (Joel and I may be doomed though, we were both homebodies.) Once he is there he has fun and he tells me about it afterward. He actually memorized his first bible verse this week. ("In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" Genesis 1:1) Now, if he can get over his shyness and say it to the teacher. They sing Bible songs, but Kyper tells me he just listens. Although, I'll hear him singing when we are home. He is almost potty trained--any advice on how to get a 3 year old over the fear of pooping on the potty? (Again, that is all I'll say on that subject.) He had a well child check up a few months ago and it is the first time I don't remember him crying at the doctor's...he was so brave and didn't even cry when he got poked.
Ok, I got a little sidetracked. Like I said, Joel had off yesterday. He ran errands with Kyper in the morning and did some stuff on the honey-do list (to be fair, he puts things on the honey-do list too.) We also had some time to take the kids for a walk. We live in the city and there aren't many wooded paths, but Joel found a short one in between two shopping areas that is only like 2 minutes from our house. So, we took the van and parked by a coney island. We had taken Kyper's bike along, so he could bike. It was so great.
 |
| 3 Phillips strolling through the woods, can you believe this is just 2 minutes from our house and in between two busy shopping areas?! |
 |
| I do not normally like pictures of myself, but I like this one. A) I have lost some weight B) I have a cute new haircut that only takes me 5 minutes to do) |
 |
| Picking some wildflowers |
 |
| We got a ways ahead daddy aka of the photographer, so I told Kyper to hide behind the tree and shout boo when dad passed. He didn't quite get the hidden part. |
 |
| Anja and the wildflowers Kyper and I picked. |
 |
| Kyper and the ducks. Those ducks were big and well-fed probably by humans due to the fact we could get quite close... |
 |
| Just not too close |
 |
| The wildflowers I picked and the leaves Kyper picked plus his pumpkin. |
Our day ended on a good note too--with our small group. What a great Saturday!
Now, I am trying to enjoy a relaxing Sunday. (It was a little crazy at church since our small group was in charge of cookies and coffee), but now both kids are napping and I have some peace. Joel is at work. I also get to go to ALIVE (our church's middle school group) tonight, so that will be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment