Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sibling Gifts

Kyper is totally smitten with baby Anja.  He loves to give her kisses and hugs.  He also loves to hold her.  We tried our best to prepare him for her arrival, but I know his world has been rocked.  So far, it seems like he is adjusting to it very well.  Yesterday, he came up to Anja while I was holding her and told her "I love you baby sister."  It made my heart smile when I heard that.  I hope and pray he always feels that way.  One thing we did to help him prepare a little is to take him shopping for a baby gift before her arrival.  He got to pick out a gift for the baby and then we told him he could take it to the hospital when the time came.  He picked out a really cute stuffed lion.



We also decided that since the baby would be taking a lot of mommy's time and she would be getting gifts from other people, she should probably get a gift for her big brother.  I thought about something that Kyper would love and that might be something he could do by himself.   Well, we had a playdate awhile back with a friend and they had a marble run toy from Discovery Toys.  It was a huge hit!  So, that is what we decided to get Kyper from the baby.  He absolutely loves it.  He needs some help to set up different tracks, but once that is done, he plays for a long time with it and does not need our help. This is very nice especially while I am nursing Anja.








No comments: