Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

House Tour: 3rd bedroom

I am airing some dirty laundry on this blog--our third bedroom.  Yikes!  This room is being used as a catch all room currently.  It hosts Joel's OMM table, bins of clothes that Kyper has outgrown, a few extra pieces of furniture that have not found a home anywhere else, and other miscellaneous items.  So, here is a picture of the our dirty laundry:


But, this is only a before picture.  Hopefully throughout the months of November and March a transformation will occur.  Those are Joel's elective months, so his schedule will be a little lighter.  What kind of transformation you ask?

Well, at the moment the walls are purple and the windows have butterfly curtains.  Not that these are necessarily bad things, but purple and butterflies don't match the decor we plan on putting in that room.  So, the first things to go will be the wall color and curtains.  Also, we need to get the random furniture out of there so we can put the furniture we want to house in there.  This probably means we will need to re-organize our basement to get some extra storage down there to fit our misc. items and furniture.  Also, some of the furniture may be finding a home in another person's home.  Also by renovating this room, we plan on changing a few things around in Kyper's room.  I want to find a little chair for him to create a little reading nook for him to use and take out the rocker from his room.  He also refuses to use the changing table when I change his diaper, so I want to get that out of his room.  Good thing too, because the changing table will be moving to the third bedroom.

Besides the changing table, we plan on furnishing this room with a crib, a dresser, and the rocking chair.  you may have been wondering what color we plan on painting the walls: the answer is most likely a green color that matches our jungle nursery stuff that we got when we were pregnant with Kyper.

Have you made any assumptions yet?  If so, your assumptions are correct.  Joel, Kyper and I will be welcoming the fourth member of our family sometime in early May (unless little Tator Tot wants to come a few days early then it will be late April).  I am due May 2.  So, hopefully there will be after pictures of our 3rd bedroom before May! 

Here is a fun video of Kyper telling you what we heard today.

(Apparently, Kyper thinks it is going to be a baby sister.  We won't find out until May if he is right. ;))

2 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

That is wonderful news! I am so excited for all of you!! Congrats and congrats and congrats again. I hope you haven't been too sick or tired.

Cohrs Compilations said...

Congrats! i wondered if you guys would have another soon! I guessed it at the changing table in the other room... enjoy this time!